• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lineup looks okay if Pant takes the gloves again
Even better if we just pretend his injury flares up so Saha can keep and Pant can come out and bat fresh as a daisy after relaxing in the change rooms while India field

#yesmad

Kraken

International 12th Man
Lineup looks okay if Pant takes the gloves again

Rohit - Gill - Pujara - Rahane (*) - Agarwal - Pant (+) - Ashwin - Kuldeep - Bumrah - Siraj - Saini/Nattu

But if Ashwin is ruled out due to his back and Pant is ruled out from keeping, we can't fit 5 bowlers in. It would have to be

Rohit - Gill - Pujara - Rahane (*) - Agarwal - Pant - Saha (+) - Kuldeep - Bumrah - Siraj - Saini/Nattu

IDK if 4 bowlers would be enough to keep us in the game. In that scenario I'd be leaning towards Natranjan or even Thakur as they could potentially keep things tight from one end while bowling long spell. Saini leaks runs. But if we can play 5 bowlers, there is more room for Saini to be used for short sharp bursts. Conditions should suit him more.
pant ruled out from keeping lol, let's be honest, if he really wanted to keep in the Aus 2nd dig, he would've. India used a rule about substitutes to their advantage (and tbf I would've done the exact same thing they did in this scenario) so fair play to them. But Pant will be fit to keep

(whether you want him to keep is a different question cause his future is as a pure bat only for sure)

cnerd123

likes this
yea I figure he's fit to keep, scans showed no fracture and he seemed to have no issue while batting. Probably the way forward for the last Test - let him keep the gloves, play 5 bowlers, and hope he doesn't drop another crucial catch.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
12th/13th man being allowed to keep is a load of ****. Very open to being abused by teams that are that way inclined.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
India is also lacking LHBs. Statistically, LHBs have done much better than RHBs in Aus. In this century, LHBs average 42 (batting 1 to 7) as compared to RHBs 39.7.

Probably missing Dhawan here.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Providing he’s recovered from his “injury”
Seeing a lot of assuming the worst about the Indian team on this tour. I seriously hope you guys are never put in a situation where every action of yours is put in quotes. Coming out of a relationship where everything I did was disbelieved or thought badly of I am finding these assumptions very insulting to an international player who holds the record for the most dismissals in an innings for India.

Spark

Global Moderator
reports in that both ashwin and bumrah are out. india will be calling up random indian-born grade bowlers from around brisbane at this rate.