• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
I remember in the last series, the Perth pitch showed inconsistant bounce, but only when the Indians were bowling on it; when Australia was bowling, it played more consistently for who knows what reason.

So I wouldn't get into a panic about the pitch yet.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If the lead is up to 270+ then they're in a good place, but it all depends on the rain really. ideally they would want 300

Also, Tim Paine has had a low key good series with the bat.

cnerd123

likes this
The Indian's will get the heavy roller on this surface, so all the demons should be pressed under for atleast the first session of their batting. If Gill and Nohit get off to a flier, score 100 in the session, then I'd back India to get the remaining 130 even if conditions deteriorate.

So Aus should definitely be looking for 300 on the board before declaring. I reckon they'll declare end of this session even if the lead is below 300. Only 4 sessions plus some rain to bowl India out, they'll need to get to work straight away.

Burgey

India will want to make a bit of hay after the heavy roller goes on if they want to have a crack at winning. Seems it's getting very up and down once it wears off.

Burgey

I think Paine has injured his thumb, judging by how he's taking the bottom hand off the bat a lot.