• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester

Bijed

International Regular
This is where hotspot would be useful.
Yeah, I know it's unreliable but I think they might as well have kept it for the times where a massive great white mark showing up would answer the question immediately (Nigel Llong notwithstanding)

Compton

International Debutant
Thought that looked dead live.

Even as ball-tracker was going through I was waiting for the wicket noise.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good quality session. Australia basically gave nothing away, credit to England that some less credentialed batsmen stood up and toiled hard.

Get the feeling something will give, but Australia would want at least one wicket pre new ball.

Bijed

International Regular
Can't see any of those who are yet to bat hanging around for long, so if/when one of these goes that's all but it imo, but pleased with what we've done so far tbh - I've seen far, far worse attempts as saving tests from us over the past few years

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't see any of those who are yet to bat hanging around for long, so if/when one of these goes that's all but it imo, but pleased with what we've done so far tbh - I've seen far, far worse attempts as saving tests from us over the past few years
This England side has become annoying mentally stoic over the last 18 months. Might just be an Ashes thing but they seem to find a way to stay in games they have no right to.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
36 overs is a lot to survive. They need to keep one eye on the light. The sun starts setting at 6:30 so light could come into it if the sun isn’t out as the lights aren’t allowed to completely take over. Lots of ifs though to get there.

hazsa19

International Regular
Still feel it’ll be out of our reach with the new ball available soon. That double strike last night was so crucial.