• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I can't actually believe we wasted five minutes on that review. One replay was enough to see he smashed the cover off it and was hit outside the line. Dear me.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I think on percentages for LBW reviews you could save time overall by using ball tracker first even though it’s not the chronological order.

Compton

International Debutant
I think on percentages for LBW reviews you could save time overall by using ball tracker first even though it’s not the chronological order.
On every replay when he was looking at whether there was bat involved it was pretty clear it struck outside the line.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On every replay when he was looking at whether there was bat involved it was pretty clear it struck outside the line.
Yeah it was terrible decision making, but tbf he has a lot on his plate getting the kettle on the boil ahead of afternoon tea

Bijed

International Regular
Takes time to get ball tracking ready though, doesn't it? - so in general time isn't wasted by at least taking a quick look at some replays

I agree though that the setup should be as such so that if the the 3rd ump is agonising over some replays/snicko timing, techinician should just be able to fire up ball tracking and tell them it doesn't matter anyway

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Doesn't it take time to load the ball tracker? That's the common excuse/reason I hear most of the time.