• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes Starc!

This seems ripe for him to take 4/5 despite not bowling all that well.
He's bowled okay this morning. They had a graphic which showed he's spreading the second new ball over about one-quarter the area he was the first.

Spark

Global Moderator
This one big time, but he wasn't great yesterday which is more to my point. Plus also it feels like he takes a lot of big hauls where he has dodgy spells (though other than Sri Lanka I don't think he's ever had a Test where he's bowled amazingly all Test).
He had one summer, just before he picked up a bad injury, where he was consistently outstanding. Averaged <20 iirc.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This one big time, but he wasn't great yesterday which is more to my point. Plus also it feels like he takes a lot of big hauls where he has dodgy spells (though other than Sri Lanka I don't think he's ever had a Test where he's bowled amazingly all Test).
He wasnt great but bowled like three really bad overs. Rest of the time he was fine. And if he blows away the tail he’s done his job

morgieb

He wasnt great but bowled like three really bad overs. Rest of the time he was fine. And if he blows away the tail he’s done his job
Oh yeah no doubt, I'm certainly not complaining if he gets 4/5! (probably be hard though given he's already quite deep into a spell)

Daemon

Must be so frustrating knowing you can bowl like this but not being able to at times. Top spell.