• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jadeja got hit in the helmet by a bouncer near the end of India's innings in one of the T20s. For some bizarre reason he wasn't even checked at the time and batted until the end of the innings, during which time he also pulled his hamstring. During the break he was assessed for the head knock and was deemed concussed and subbed out, which obviously wouldn't have been allowed had he merely pulled his hamstring.
We didn't comment on this, but the same thing happened with Dan Sams the other day. There doesn't seem be to a good strike rate in terms of players suffering concussions and being pulled immediately

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Jadeja got hit in the helmet by a bouncer near the end of India's innings in one of the T20s. For some bizarre reason he wasn't even checked at the time and batted until the end of the innings, during which time he also pulled his hamstring. During the break he was assessed for the head knock and was deemed concussed and subbed out, which obviously wouldn't have been allowed had he merely pulled his hamstring.
Jadeja's hamstring injury + concussion

Ahhh...I really should at least read the news on the LO stuff. I'm so out of it when it's anything non Test related.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s probably fortunate for Pant that he copped that on his bottom handed elbow rather than top. Seems like he’s ok, thank goodness

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There was definitely a noise in the real time view. I rewound and confirmed it. I wonder what it was?

Niall

International Coach
This is dangerous times though Pant could either score a lot in a hurry now or hole out

What if he goes off and they lose a couple of wickets and he has to bat with the mugs?

From a medical POV this is probably not the canniest move , but I understand this ALPHA move from Pant.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This could be one of the greatest test series of all time, he said begrudgingly, and oh gawd I love Pujara in a throwback way.