• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The way this series has gone has shown more about australias batting issues.
By all rights with how decimated India have been we should of swept this series
Yeah, their fast bowling is top notch but overall Australia aren't as good as I thought they were coming into this series.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I had a cerebral deficit like sunilz or Senile Sentry, I would say “ah, like australia last series without its two best batsmen then?!?! Eh?! Eh?!?!”

But fwiw I agree. They’ve done really well.
But now they’re really ****ed

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If I had a cerebral deficit like sunilz or Senile Sentry, I would say “ah, like australia last series without its two best batsmen then?!?! Eh?! Eh?!?!”

But fwiw I agree. They’ve done really well.
Well it's definitely true. But Australia lost that series. At home. AGainst an Asian side for the first time in their entire history. So that's pretty bad.

And India still can lose the series, but so far they are competitive.

Spark

Global Moderator
Cummins may or may not be an ATG overall but he surely has to be an ATG line bowler, right? It's difficult to imagine that anyone could be more relentless and consistent on that off stump line than he is.

marcus1232

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yeah, their fast bowling is top notch but overall Australia aren't as good as I thought they were coming into this series.
Warner injured hurt but wade should never have opened bless his sole battled hard.
Our middle order is a real issue.
Head needs to go back to shield and work on outside off
Wade I think is a placeholder until something better comes along
Green will take time.

If your relying on smith and warner to win you every test match with the bat your in trouble

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Cummins may or may not be an ATG overall but he surely has to be an ATG line bowler, right? It's difficult to imagine that anyone could be more relentless and consistent on that off stump line than he is.
Even though India has been on the receiving end, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching these guys bowl. It's been so good. Even these bouncers I'm cheering because it's such high-quality bowling.

Burgey

Cummins has really had Pujara’s number this tour. That’s not a drag on Che at all, it’s just like Cummins has recognised he’s the plumb wicket and had just gone hard AF at him all series

OverratedSanity

Cummins has really had Pujara’s number this tour. That’s not a drag on Che at all, it’s just like Cummins has recognised he’s the plumb wicket and had just gone hard AF at him all series
Yeah, and most of them have been great balls. Warne was saying Pujara was stuck on the crease but really, no one couldve played that.