• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah apparently they're due to fly to Sydney on Monday. Might want to move that timetable up a bit.

Also, surely they can't have a crowd in for this game.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Sorry deleted post by mistake, so read this before Sparks post above makes more sense lol.

I posted Australia and India need to get their butts to Sydney before States close their border to Victoria where they are now (WA just closed to Victoria due latest outbreak, so Qld will surely follow).

Also Victoria just closed to NSW, so if they can't get to the Gabba for 4th test they won't be able to get back to MCG either.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
According to me, Ravi Jadeja's presence in the indian team should be condition oriented. Hardik should offer more as a seam bowling allrounder in SENA countries while Jadeja will be the better option in the subcontinent and WI. It's a similar scenario to what Australia have with Maxwell. Not comparing Maxwell to Jadeja obviously but people have been calling for Maxwell's inclusion in the test side over mmarsh in the past purely because both of them are all rounders. I'd personally take Maxwell's batting over all the other all rounders Aust tried but being a spin bowling all rounder is why he is not preferred especially to play in Australia

cnerd123

likes this
According to me, Ravi Jadeja's presence in the indian team should be condition oriented. Hardik should offer more as a seam bowling allrounder in SENA countries while Jadeja will be the better option in the subcontinent and WI. It's a similar scenario to what Australia have with Maxwell. Not comparing Maxwell to Jadeja obviously but people have been calling for Maxwell's inclusion in the test side over mmarsh in the past purely because both of them are all rounders. I'd personally take Maxwell's batting over all the other all rounders Aust tried but being a spin bowling all rounder is why he is not preferred especially to play in Australia
Ok

• Angry
Reactions: Gob

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
. I'd personally take Maxwell's batting over all the other all rounders Aust tried but he bowls absolute trash and he's awful so that means he's just a slow bowler. Also his batting is unsuitable for long-form stuff so he'd be garbage, he's garbage and I hate him and if you think he's test material then leave the forum
Like wtf, that's bold but i agree

• Angry
Reactions: Gob

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah no-one calls for Maxwell's inclusion as an allrounder.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is, as they say, a dubious proposition to say the least

Hey why not make this a fun thread till the game starts by everyone quickly jotting down the last time they took a quick single (you know what I mean) and how it was. Also apologise to virgins (Daemon,flem69,halba etc)
Hey I'm just saving myself for Jadeja

Gob

International Coach
Nah no-one calls for Maxwell's inclusion as an allrounder.
People did. Few here (I'm not good with names) and many outside but that is as I said basically down to 'oh look mmarsh the all rounder sucks so let's get Maxwell the all rounder in' with out considering the types of all rounders that they are

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And Australia can do lot worse than Maxwell in the side as a batsman. With Green there, I dont think you need to find another allrounder but I think Maxwell can do a better job than Head on current form and perhaps has more upside as a batsman than Wade in terms of making bigger scores.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The World should be laughing at us. Victoria has no cases for 60 days, they then have 3 yesterday and 5 today and other Australian States slam the border shut on them. Ridiculous power trips from State Premiers (I don't think any of the 8 are even in hospital)
Wow. I assume it's safer at Melbourne than Sydney, on face value.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Melbourne and Sydney outbreaking. Yikes!

*checks data*

10 new cases today in Sydney and 3 in Melbourne.

Hmm time to be cautious but no need for alarm.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But you can sense why the worry is more in countries like Australia or New Zealand where life is pretty much back to normalcy otherwise. Coz if some new cluster breaks out then again there is a good chance it reaches across the city and state very very quickly, unlike countries who are still in some form of lockdown or the other.