• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Bad ball but it did move quite a bit off the pitch. One kept low at the end of his last over as well. Feels like that's as many that did something as in the whole first session.

ajdude

International Coach
man bairstow doesn't even have a resting bitch face, he has like a resting...face or something. and that's it. no other expressions

probably would send out woakes now tbh

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Strange post. No one is making the argument that playing Smith would've hurt Australia's chances, like they are with Anderson.
Not making the argument that England would be worse off with Anderson at all. I just think he should replace Broad, not Woakes.

cnerd123

likes this
Lyon looks really threatening when he gets his lengths right, but from what I've seen today (which admittedly isn't much), he's bowled a bit too full here and there.

Bairstow has thrown it away pfft.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not making the argument that England would be worse off with Anderson at all. I just think he should replace Broad, not Woakes.
Meh even if it would hurt the tail I don't think an Archer/Broad/Leach/Anderson tail is that poor. Plus Woakes has been kinda meh all series.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bad ball but it did move quite a bit off the pitch. One kept low at the end of his last over as well. Feels like that's as many that did something as in the whole first session.
I thought he didn’t really go hard enough at it. Like he realised too late it was a bad ball.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think that's a fair enough argument. Though Woakes has been ruffled by Cummins' short stuff in his last two innings. Will be interesting to see what he does today (if needed).

stephen

Meh even if it would hurt the tail I don't think an Archer/Broad/Leach/Anderson tail is that poor. Plus Woakes has been kinda meh all series.
Woakes hasn't really bowled enough IMO. But it's hard to argue against him making way after Broad's wickets so far. Which is all the more bizarre given the last few years of history where Woakes had been great at home and Broad had not been very good at all.

stephen

Picking Woakes over Broad on the back of the series to date would be criminal
Perhaps but you'll be dropping a bowler who had averaged 22 at home for a guy who has been average for much of the last two years or so.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Whenever I am awake and following cricket, Australia does well. Followed Most of Englands 1st innings, and they got out for 67. Just woke up from an afternoon siesta full of strange dreams and England lose a wicket