• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

34th Match - India v Ireland (10th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Oh don't get me wrong, I do too, but they really need to cultivate some really good pacers quickly.

Which is honestly why I'm more excited by afghanistan, because if they can continue to unearth talent like hamid hassan and dawlat zadran they'll have a really good pool of bowling talent to choose from.
That's a pipe dream though. Afghanistan will not get Test status in the next few decades. Too much internal turbulence.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Disappointing stuff from Ireland so far.
I think India and SA game they would have crossed out before the tourney started as these would be the games where could conserve their energy I am sure they will be more up for it for the Pak game kinda like BD they knew that getting anything out of the NZ game would be difficult so gave their all for the England game.

Niall

International Coach
That's a pipe dream though. Afghanistan will not get Test status in the next few decades. Too much internal turbulence.
Reckon they would even be to bothered about it?

Love test cricket to bits and I am sure most of us here do, but I reckon they would be more concerned with getting plentiful ODI cricket.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
If India and Dhawan in particular are just going to attack I think they should take the batting PP, I just don't like how they leave it for the 35-40 in most cases.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Reckon they would even be to bothered about it?

Love test cricket to bits and I am sure most of us here do, but I reckon they would be more concerned with getting plentiful ODI cricket.
True in terms of actually playing Tests, but being a full member comes with a LOT more money and resources to put into infrastructure, professional setups, etc.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I really want Ireland to make it to the QFs :(. These associates have made the WC so much better. I don't really want a glorified Champions Trophy.

anil1405

International Captain
I really want Ireland to make it to the QFs :(. These associates have made the WC so much better. I don't really want a glorified Champions Trophy.
As much as I would like that to happen too, this Irish bowling is crap. This Irish batting lineup combined with the 2007 WC Irish bowling would've achieved much more though.

anil1405

International Captain
Ohh just shut up Manjrekar, I've heard enough of Dhoni registering 9th consecutive victory as skipper in WCs. Don't repeat it for the umpteenth time.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, this is why even though I think they deserve a crack at full member status I really do think that ireland will struggle in the test arena. Their pace bowling stock is just terrible. George dockrell looks like a test quality spinner but that's it. You can get away with having a strong batting unit and a poor bowling unit in ODIs but not in tests.
Worth noting that Ireland's quick bowlers are better at the longer form of the game. And their best quick is injured.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Worth noting that Ireland's quick bowlers are better at the longer form of the game. And their best quick is injured.
Are they? I've seen some of their first class record and they're not great, though they all seem to have too little matches to make a real judgement.

Who is their best quick btw?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are they? I've seen some of their first class record and they're not great, though they all seem to have too little matches to make a real judgement.

Who is their best quick btw?
Tim Murtagh. Has averaged around 25 since 2007 at county level.