• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

34th Match - India v Ireland (10th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cnerd123

likes this
Mooney and Cusack is really good cake to have at 10 and 11. They couldn't score much today tho. Surprised Dockrell came out early.

Expected Ireland to do a lot better after being 206/4 in 39 overs. Good comeback by India.

And Mooney should have really caught that.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pffft...boring game... yawns

Throw a few wickets away and make it exciting ffs India.

cnerd123

likes this
Typical Rohit. Bashes 150 against Afghanistan. Nopes out against SA and Pak. And then bashes UAE and Ireland about.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Yeah, this is why even though I think they deserve a crack at full member status I really do think that ireland will struggle in the test arena. Their pace bowling stock is just terrible. George dockrell looks like a test quality spinner but that's it. You can get away with having a strong batting unit and a poor bowling unit in ODIs but not in tests.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yeah, this is why even though I think they deserve a crack at full member status I really do think that ireland will struggle in the test arena. Their pace bowling stock is just terrible. George dockrell looks like a test quality spinner but that's it. You can get away with having a strong batting unit and a poor bowling unit in ODIs but not in tests.
So they're basically India. But without the commercial appeal. Going by recent results, that sounds like a terrible idea for a Test side. :p

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
:p

Nah, I fully support Ireland getting Test status. So what, they'll suck at first. They all do. But they'll get better. They've already shown themselves to be a much more professional organization than at least five full members. I'd back them to come good faster than Bangladesh have/will.

Last edited:

Antihippy

International Debutant
Oh don't get me wrong, I do too, but they really need to cultivate some really good pacers quickly.

Which is honestly why I'm more excited by afghanistan, because if they can continue to unearth talent like hamid hassan and dawlat zadran they'll have a really good pool of bowling talent to choose from. Opposite problem to ireland really, but to me good bowlers are a much more precious commodity in the high level.

Last edited: