• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test, Lord's, London

Spark

Global Moderator
Depends on if they get Smith out....or when the rain hits. Our 6-11 looks really unconvincing in this case.

Frustratingly I think we've played the better cricket, but have blown it by the decision to bowl when the skies were clear.
I mean we haven't batted better so far.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean we haven't batted better so far.
Ehh....I'm not sure I agree. Maybe I'm probably over-rating it but it just feels like really good bowling in tough conditions. Most of our dismissals today have been to good balls or good set-ups.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's about the innings I expect from Head in Test cricket though. Not the fluke-averaging 50 bloke that's snuck through.
He looks amazingly like a tail ender at the start of his innings. No or wrong foot movement, that cover drive that dribbles back down the pitch, feeling for the ball.

stephen

Ok so that was the singlet worst not out decision I think I've seen since neutral umpires were introduced.

Flem274*

123/5
I just can't watch Smith bat anymore...his ****terisms and changing gloves every 2 overs is beyond the joke...much rather wake up tomorrow and read he has another 100
how could you not find this entertaining? he's also arguably your second best bat ever, that's something every aussie tragic should want to watch

Uppercut

Ehh....I'm not sure I agree. Maybe I'm probably over-rating it but it just feels like really good bowling in tough conditions. Most of our dismissals today have been to good balls or good set-ups.
Dunno about that. Most of your dismissals have been missing straight balls.

91Jmay

International Coach
Don't think you bowled that great, lots of boundary balls.

Starfighter

Depends on if they get Smith out....or when the rain hits. Our 6-11 looks really unconvincing in this case.

Frustratingly I think we've played the better cricket, but have blown it by the decision to bowl when the skies were clear.
The batting conditions today have been only a little more difficult aside from the light imo. We just don't have the batsmen aside from Smith.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Frustratingly I think we've played the better cricket
, but have blown it by the decision to bowl when the skies were clear.
How the hell did you arrive at this conclusion?

morgieb

How the hell did you arrive at this conclusion?
More just that I think England's batting given they had the best of conditions was quite poor. England's bowled a lot tighter.

I'm mostly just peeved that if we actually batted first I feel like we would've had the significant advantage.

Last edited:

Compton

International Debutant
I don’t think either side have played particularly well tbh.

England wasted the conditions first-up this morning, Australia dropped a few catches, England didn’t take advantage of batting under the sun, Australia keep getting out to innocuous deliveries...

Spark

Global Moderator
There really hasn't been a huge amount of consistent movement, and yet we're 4 down.

Burgey

Jeez test cricket is good when it’s like this. Tough conditions, good bowling asking hard questions of a top player. As good as it gets