• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Match - West Indies v Pakistan at Trent Bridge

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
So it's Ramadan here and I slept just a little before the match started, woke up in a couple of hours to find WI were already chasing the target. **** this **** :@
I thought the bowling, brief though the sample was, looked pretty useful tbh. Batting was obviously hopeless. All they needed to do was to let a few short ones go, instead they either went for big shots or just looked stuck in between defence and attack. Lots of net practice against the short ball needed.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Two teams that showed very little application with the bat on, what must be said, was an excellent surface
This is partially true.

The wicket wasn't 100% flat.

Loved the Amir spell, he made use of the conditions to get the ball moving away from the left handers.

Was a treat to watch

SillyCowCorner1

I thought the bowling, brief though the sample was, looked pretty useful tbh. Batting was obviously hopeless. All they needed to do was to let a few short ones go, instead they either went for big shots or just looked stuck in between defence and attack. Lots of net practice against the short ball needed.
They look stunned. Like real shock.

Slifer

International Captain
I think they will bat Hope at 3 against Australia with Lewis coming in for Bravo or Pooran. Hope averages over 100 opening but I don't think he and Gayle make for a good pair. When Gayle retires Hope will move up to open IMO and be extremely successful there, but he needs a partner who rotates the strike.

The lineup for the rest of this tournament looks pretty clear:

Gayle (might be rested once or twice due to his back)
Lewis
Hope (wk)
Pooran
Hetmeyer
Russell
Holder
Braithwaite/Allen
Nurse
Cotterell/Roach
Thomas/Gabriel

Looking particularly strong apart from the spin bowling, which I maintain will be costly at some point in the tournament.
Agree with that team. Bravo really needs to make room seriously.

tooextracool

International Coach
If one isn't getting his lengths right he doesn't bowl out his 10. Simple.
The problem with that is that most of them are fairly average bowlers and there is a huge risk of them getting spanked even if they get their lengths right on most pitches. Not that Nurse is special, but you'd expect him to offer something different if the ball does turn. Brathwaite didn't even bowl today - if he does get called upon to bowl in the tournament his figures won't be pretty.

Daemon

The problem with that is that most of them are fairly average bowlers and there is a huge risk of them getting spanked even if they get their lengths right on most pitches. Not that Nurse is special, but you'd expect him to offer something different if the ball does turn. Brathwaite didn't even bowl today - if he does get called upon to bowl in the tournament his figures won't be pretty.
He bowled 4 overs for 14 and had a chance put down

Last edited:

Burgey

Honestly this match reminded me of the 80s WI. They'd bounce you out and then smash the runs without effort.
I know it’s only Pakistan so who knows if they were really trying, but wi are in this up to their ears

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
My understanding is that he is a soldier in the Jamaican Defence Force - he's been doing it from at least his first few international appearances

Borges

International Regular
Now, everyone will start bowling short, and as fast as they can, against Pakistan.
Actually, would be worthwhile doing that against all the subcontinental teams.
In all formats: unleash Gabriel, on some real pacy wickets, when India tour the West Indies after this World Cup.