• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham

weeman27bob

International Regular
It feels like they're doing the handover in a funny place for the mixed-triathlon relay - the swimmers look like they have to run a good 150m and then have an awkward turn to get into the water.

weeman27bob

International Regular
A bit of a choke from Alice Kinsella prevents England from winning all four team and individual all-around gymnastics medals. Good learning experience for her though, because she'll have bigger challenges to come.

Should see another few gymnastics medals for England across the individual events in the next few days.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Popped down to the marathon myself earlier. Not quite by my house though, had to walk a whole 10 minutes.
Do you good.

Also probably not a great move by the assembled media to piss off Kyle Chalmers, based on what he produced in the 100m freestyle semi final.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Do you good.

Also probably not a great move by the assembled media to piss off Kyle Chalmers, based on what he produced in the 100m freestyle semi final.
They were talking about this on the BBC commentary and made the assertion that the Australian swimmers are as well known over there as footballers are here, which I assume is quite an exaggeration?

I'm guessing it's probably Australian media asking all these questions as well, given that he's not particularly well known here. Maybe it's the latest tactic to get your swimmers to go faster now that PEDs and 'super-fast swimsuits are banned.

flibbertyjibber

Adam Peaty not even getting a medal in the 100m breaststroke by far the biggest upset of the games so far. Yes he's coming back from injury, but he hadn't lost since 2015!
If it wasn't basically a few miles from where he grew up he probably wouldn't be there. Fair play to him even attempting it after his injury.

Burgey

They were talking about this on the BBC commentary and made the assertion that the Australian swimmers are as well known over there as footballers are here, which I assume is quite an exaggeration?

I'm guessing it's probably Australian media asking all these questions as well, given that he's not particularly well known here. Maybe it's the latest tactic to get your swimmers to go faster now that PEDs and 'super-fast swimsuits are banned.
They’re not as well known as footy players but the top ones are pretty much household names and get decent endorsements tstl.

We also won’t be copping lectures on drug use from a country which has built most of its recent (but quaint) sporting renaissance on the back of the completely untainted sport of [checks notes] professional cycling. Plainly no mirrors at the house of Weeman Bob.