• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2022-2023 New Zealand First-Class Draft

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Rereading the way ND have listed their 12, it looks like the intended playing XI in batting order plus reserve of Katene Clarke, so there's five other bowlers which supports your theory.

Might blow up, more fun with the risk of joining Athlai at the foot of the table though.

Rutherford (B1)
Popli (B2)
Seifert
G Phillips
Cleaver †
de Grandhomme
Muller
Henry
Southee
Duffy
Fisher

Field
Z Gibson
Vishvaka
Finnie

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Final pick is Mitch Hay. We all know Matt Henry will be getting the nicks at this time of year, lots of 8-pointers for Hay on the cards if Fletcher isn't available.

No news to give you yet re: how long Fletcher, Nuttall or Shipley will be out for.
Does L Carter come into my team for this round since Fletcher is out?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes. You're only one more injury away from needing a new bench player for the coming weeks, if Fletcher (broken finger) remains out for a while and Rance continues his break.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Final lock for me below. Daryl Mitchell benched, seeing I can use one of my two interchange moves to bring him back into my top XI about a month from now (17 Nov).

Conway
Bowes
Raval
Foxcroft
Cumming
T Robinson
Rippon
Shipley
Wagner
Tickner
Nuttall

Mitchell
ter Braak
McKay
M Hay
M Boyle

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Yes. You're only one more injury away from needing a new bench player for the coming weeks, if Fletcher (broken finger) remains out for a while and Rance continues his break.
Is there some convenient list of players not yet picked lol

vandem

International 12th Man
Is there some convenient list of players not yet picked lol
Contracted players and non-contracted player in current PS round that are not yet picked:

ND F Walker, Kuggeleijn, Verma
Auck Harrison, Sunde, Ferguson
CD Ave, Dudding
Wgtn Greenwood, Snedden, Hartshorn, Leonard, Hancock
Cant Coburn, Davey, McKenzie
Otago Johnson, Lockrose

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Not many great options for Chewie. On the plus side, Fletcher broke his finger four weeks ago, so could be back in a couple of weeks.

Immenso watches a bit and doesn't mind the look of Snedden. Greenwood will look orderly and pleasant in making a 30.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Just been watching a bit of Wellington's bowling and noticed Hartshorn is threatening the edge with outswing a lot more.

He did have Wellington's best exam scores for his year or something. That would suit the new breed of (far from physically imposing) specimens NZC are in the mood for in this format.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Not many great options for Chewie. On the plus side, Fletcher broke his finger four weeks ago, so could be back in a couple of weeks.

Immenso watches a bit and doesn't mind the look of Snedden. Greenwood will look orderly and pleasant in making a 30.
Bits-and-pieces like Davey and Harrison will probably chip in with points here and there, though haven't inspired me enough to use up my final pick on one.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I have to say, the peaches just kept on coming throughout 17.1 overs from Hartshorn. I was very fortunate to collect the winnings via McPeake. I will bet Hartshorn next week.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hartshorn looked as if he loosened up a bit over the course of the day. Seemed a smoother action than I remember from late last season.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How am I looking?

Ravindra/Blundell hopefully a big partnership for me this year.

Everyone else up to sfa

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Solia will also be good this season, by the looks. You missed out on some points by not filling out your bench for this round. Delport and Younghusband triggered the new 'spinner not selected' rule.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah I'm just gonna cop the blokes out for the T20 WC as a selection thing rather than actively switching the team around.

At least till the first half of the FC season is done anyway.

Yeah Solia looking good, surprised hes opening the bowling.