• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2022-2023 New Zealand First-Class Draft

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
"And the Four Olds were: Old Ideas, Old Culture, Old Customs, and Old Habits. Athlai's team languishing in last place? Gone. Old cricket names, like say Bracewell? Gone!"

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Looks like some of my bowlers are having better days with the bat than with the ball and georgeson is the opposite

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I see you've got Latham doing exactly what we thought he'd do while the T20 World Cup was on. 220.67 points in his pockets so far.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good round for straw man bowlers inc
Muller - 7 wickets
Duffy - 8 wickets
Henry - 6* wickets
Fisher - 8* wickets

Batting, who needs it? (Though you're good, Popli)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I encourage new people to have cracks at tallying. Vandem comes along and runs a second eye over things later.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a single cell of tallying attempted by the more parasitic entrants who line up season after season, that's all I'm seeing on that sheet.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry - have made the occasional addition in past seasons but admit I have done nothing this season so far.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I encourage new people to have cracks at tallying. Vandem comes along and runs a second eye over things later.

Not sure if I'm reading this rightly - and hard to keep up with the rules since I last participated - but shouldn't Troy Johnson under Ataraxia have some points for PS week 1?

Ditto some players on Flem's list - Horne, Bracewell, Toole, Sheat? And Ajaz Patel under Ataraxia.

Guess I'm not doing this right actually.

HeathDavisSpeed

Could probably automate 90% of the scoring - paste scorecard into Excel and have set formulae to calculate the points for each player, then use vlookups on the lineups to bring the scores across. Some of the bonuses would remain manual, and you'd have to manually override where a player hasn't been selected (although that could also be automated with another layer of calculations).

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
That sounds terrific if it could be implemented. Thanks Heef.

I'm surprised those Christchurch NV Play men never saw any potential to expand into something akin to the very popular DraftKings and Fanduel in America. It's one thing laying on very good video scorecards, but the task is to make the under-40s care more, via the prospect of some self-enrichment.

HeathDavisSpeed

@Kippax - Had a play in your spreadsheet (see 'sheet2').

Just looked at batting, catches and stumpings so far. You should be able to paste the scorecards into columns A-D and then the table out to the right just calculates the batting and fielding points. Haven't looked at bowling or run outs yet and I've got a few differences (e.g. Popli with 25 more points according to your figures - perhaps the Blunter's Bonus?)