• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2022-2023 New Zealand First-Class Draft

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Every van Beek point gains ground for Athlai on Straw Man, whose team has finished the season on 7952.4.

164 needed for Athlai to win the title, van Beek has 71 of them just after tea on day 1. Solia contributes from his 79th point of the game.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Athlai did sacrifice a lot aesthetically to get this victory (Macewell batting at 3, Hampton at 4), but he didn't sacrifice his loyalty to Wellington players which was nice.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Macewell at 3 is Wellington craziness. He's batted so much at 4.

Hampton I think was frustration at missing someone I wanted

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to Athlai and all of Athlai's usual cellar-dwelling kind. A win by the length of a Heef's Wreath.

Thanks to Kippax, Heef and Vandem (I think) for organising and scoring.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah it's particularly special when Macewell, Santa, Solia and Van Beek all contributed.

I must've picked them all quite a few times and finally they came good. Also Blundell and Rachin I guess.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Congrats to Athlai. I think I'll finally have time next season to participate myself - looking forward to it already.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
About a month away now from NZA playing a couple of first-class four-dayers in Australia.

Drafting for the 2023/24 edition can start on Friday 11 August. Seven teams or fewer, co-drafting a team will be allowed if you've arranged it via PMs. Winners from previous seasons who've entered before drafting begins will be auto starters. Look for the new thread to be created closer to 11/08.