• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2022-2023 New Zealand First-Class Draft

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Oh I did also say in rules one import only, didn't I. Pick someone else Chewie.
Oh right. I'll pass

Think I will rearrange my team to bring in stokes and sneddon for georgeson and Sodhi and move georgeson above L Carter so that he's the replacement for Fletcher (though hopefully Fletcher recovers by next round). Presume no news on rance playing

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

“I haven’t retired from four-day cricket, but the best option for me moving forward was to make sure I am 100 per cent fit for white ball cricket,” Rance said.

“In the past, I’ve gone into the season and played the four-dayers and not been at 100 per cent for those games.

“It’s also for a bit more family balance, so my season starts a lot later, and it’s allowed me over the winter not to be training fulltime and gives me a bit more time at home with the family,” the father of three young children said.

Chewie

Interesting, so he might actually play in the next round. But it would be a risk if I put him in my XI cos I presume he wouldn't qualify for a replacement if he didn't play

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes. Dropping two of the unhelpful bench players now and replacing them with emerging names late in the season is another thing you can do here.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
My move is Daryl Mitchell in, Tim Robinson Nuttall benched.

XI and bench for now (locks on 26/12):

Conway
Bowes
Raval
Foxcroft
Mitchell
Cumming
Robinson
Rippon
Shipley
Wagner
Tickner

Dudding
Nuttall
M Hay
ter Braak
M Boyle (B3)

@ataraxia

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm keen for all six of Mitchell's Tests to count and collect points for me, so after rereading my own rules, I can't actually release Robinson. Nuttall is benched.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
Curtis Heaphy replaces Dale Phillips at #3.

Reordering the bench to:

B Smith
Parkes
D Phillips
Lennox
Newton
Milne

vandem

International 12th Man
Katene Clarke to bench, in comes Tim Pringle. Yes I realise that there is a risk of losing someone's score if one if the all rounders doesn't make enough runs.
1 W O'Donnell
2 J Carter
3 H Nicholls
4 R O'Donnell
5 Z Foulkes
6 N Smith (is in the 11 for today's Super Smash)
7 M Chu +
8 Kristian Clarke
9 T Pringle
10 J Walker
11 W O'Rourke

r1 A Ashok
r2 Katene Clarke
r3 A Hazeldine
r4 B Wheeler-Greenall (b3)
r5 D Ferns

Chewie

Oh right. I'll pass

Think I will rearrange my team to bring in stokes and sneddon for georgeson and Sodhi and move georgeson above L Carter so that he's the replacement for Fletcher (though hopefully Fletcher recovers by next round). Presume no news on rance playing
Now that Sodhi has been selected for the Pakistan test squad, not sure if I should replace him after all hmmm

Maybe there'll be some news tomorrow as to whether he'll be playing so I'll do the Stokes change for now, but will hold on the Sodhi one

Chewie

Now that Sodhi has been selected for the Pakistan test squad, not sure if I should replace him after all hmmm

Maybe there'll be some news tomorrow as to whether he'll be playing so I'll do the Stokes change for now, but will hold on the Sodhi one
I'll swap sneddon in for sodhi