• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021/22 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Was that made official? Or just a quote from him that he was going to ditch red ball, in a Geenty article. Not sure.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I had wondered if Ben Wheeler had given up cricket after seeing in the first post he's not contracted anywhere, but he's on the Central Stags website for this years contracts

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nothing I can read in that Wheeler article that suggests he's only T20 from now on, just talks about how he wants to finish up with cricket once he's qualified.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
There were 9 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Athlai
  2. Ataraxia
  3. NZT
  4. Chewie
  5. Straw Man
  6. Kippax
  7. Flem274*
  8. Vandem
  9. Bahnz
Athlai (Pass)
Ataraxia Adi Ashok
NZTailender Chad Bowes
Chewie (Pass)
Straw Man Danru Ferns
Kippax Gus McKenzie
Flem274*
Vandem
Bahnz

Bahnz
Vandem
Flem274*
Kippax
Straw Man (Pass)
Chewie (Pass)
NZT
Ataraxia
Athlai

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Such an unfancied selection of fast bowling in Auckland that not one of Ferns, Pringle, Lister, ter Braak or Harrison have been picked up.
Give me Ferns.

I'll leave my tenth choice until closer to the date.

Williamson
Nicholls
McConchie
J Gibson
Rae
Rance

D Phillips
Ferns
Guptill
_

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Such an unfancied selection of fast bowling in Auckland that not one of Ferns, Pringle, Lister, ter Braak or Harrison have been picked up.
Give me Ferns.

I'll leave my tenth choice until closer to the date.

Williamson
Nicholls
McConchie
J Gibson
Rae
Rance

D Phillips
Ferns
Guptill
_
Ferns was on my to pick list, albeit down low. They will benefit much in the same way as Otago bowlers of high amount of games due to no call up or competition.