• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2020/21 New Zealand Domestic Season

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Anyone to start the plunket shield blunder compilation? Will be stiff competition against the run outs of last season.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wow last saw the Auckland/Otago score when Auckland were only just drawing level, Horne and Ferns have absolutely smashed it. What a partnership.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone to start the plunket shield blunder compilation? Will be stiff competition against the run outs of last season.
Kippax knows that if he doesn't get this going, I'm dropping all support. I've been calling for it for years.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see Conway in the runs, fairly sure Mitchell screaming convinced the umpire to give him out which is far from ideal.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Otago collapsing against Auckland and Latham doing it easily over in Wellington. Some pretty comprehensive results in round 1 so far barring any craziness from here.

Hoping CD at least get a chance to bat today.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Not an IPL call-up, this absence of Sodhi's btw. Copped one in the nets or something, don't know for sure.

1603321144526.png

vandem

International 12th Man
Popped into EPOO again this morning. Missed the early flurry of wickets but pitch looked OK. A little bit of variable bounce. Solia bowled tidy lines.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So in the single innings shoot-out at Seddon Park the NZ-lite bowling attack of Southee/Wagner/CDG/Kuggeleijn is... totally dominated by Worker and Hay who are walking CD to a huge win.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Injuries - Watling (hip), Patel (calf), Nicholls (calf), Milne (hamstring), Wheeler (knee)
Milne is out again??? I thought he was just getting over the ankle injury and bowling off his long run now....my god can this guy catch a break ffs. He is miles away from national selection at this point. And with Lockie ripping it up in the IPL, he isn't getting a shot at the T20 level either.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I hate to say it, but it's long past time to right Milne off. He's barely played a game since the 2015/16 summer, and can't seem to go through mire than a handful of games without breaking down with something. Ferguson really is a bit of an outlier in terms of his ability to stay on the field.

jcas0167

International Debutant
5fer for Jamieson to open his account this season. That last one to Rae looked suspiciously like it might've swung back in a bit. Good stuff.
I feel like Jamieson not playing in the Australian test series seems in hindsight a missed opportunity like Wagner in 2015.

Flem274*

123/5
a bit less obvious though. i don't know about anyone else, but before his debut i was under the impression he was a slow swing bowler who just happened to be really tall and he had a high 20s fc average. he wasn't screaming 'pick me' for such a tough series.

thundaboult

International Debutant
So Jamieson has effectively pushed Lockie out of the test match selection arena for now I guess. Oh well, things go wrong with Southee and it might change the scene.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
a bit less obvious though. i don't know about anyone else, but before his debut i was under the impression he was a slow swing bowler who just happened to be really tall and he had a high 20s fc average. he wasn't screaming 'pick me' for such a tough series.
Yes correct.

I actually rate Heinrich Malan as someone who runs a very tight and non-dreary sort of ship for a NZ domestic coach (Jamieson's somewhat uninspired years probably more the Cantab years), but for Jamieson, getting exposure to the international touring team was a bit like that scene in the Shawshank Redemption where Andy duFresne is finally out of the sewer pipe.

Last edited: