• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2020/21 New Zealand Domestic Season

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
On that note I think both Young and Conway will play for Black Caps this year. Conway in white ball and Young in test cricket. I feel one of the batters are definitely not going to be starters in test cricket. Either due to injury or bad form. That'll make way for Young. Conway is a lock in for white ball. Most likely in T20s. We have a dozen T20s to play and Conway will play in some of them absolutely no doubt.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So Jamieson has effectively pushed Lockie out of the test match selection arena for now I guess. Oh well, things go wrong with Southee and it might change the scene.
I like Jamieson a lot, great natural ability and has made huge strides the last 18 months, but still can't help but rue what's happened with Ferguson and that Jamieson is ahead of him now. Ferguson is the only NZ genuine quick in living memory to not be horribly injury prone, has a FC record of 161 wickets at 24.7 and would provide a point of difference we've wanted for a long time - should've found a way to get him a test debut earlier, and then he was very unlucky with the Perth injury.

With few tests scheduled and fifth in line, he's unlikely to play a test this season which means another year and a 30th birthday before he gets a chance to make a mark in test cricket.

nzfan

Shows how well placed we're at the moment. Spoilt for choices in batting, pace bowling and spin bowling departments. Also the number openers around as well. In all formats too. Unless I'm over rating our players.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
That was such a good watch. Love those green seamers. The Henry vs Blundell/Ravindra is test match stuff. Reminded me of 2002 or 03 NZ v India test match with Bond bowling like a dream and one Mr. Dravid leaving of the highest order. Shame both Firebirds openers got out to Will Willaims (great name).
Will Williams looks a much better bowler this year, a lot more momentum through the crease. I reckon he's on for a big one

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Shows how well placed we're at the moment. Spoilt for choices in batting, pace bowling and spin bowling departments. Also the number openers around as well. In all formats too. Unless I'm over rating our players.
Not sure about spin bowling dept

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Lovely bit of bowling from Henry to account for Rachin. I still think that if he could learn to hit that length more consistently he'd made a quality stand-in for Southee. Probably a bit late now though.

Ooops, was Nuttall, need to get more sleep.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Will Williams looks a much better bowler this year, a lot more momentum through the crease. I reckon he's on for a big one
Having complained a lot about his 120k mediums I will concede that he is noticeably running in harder this season.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
How loose are Auckland and ND this morning - 2 wickets for nothing each and it's booming drives and pull shots that are responsible.

Immenso

Lovely bit of bowling from Henry to account for Rachin. I still think that if he could learn to hit that length more consistently he'd made a quality stand-in for Southee. Probably a bit late now though.

Ooops, was Nuttall, need to get more sleep.
Are you watching your laptop via a mirror?

Immenso

How loose are Auckland and ND this morning - 2 wickets for nothing each and it's booming drives and pull shots that are responsible.
DO you mean ND and Wellington? Auckland (Beghin and Solia) dismissals have been defensive to moving ball.

Immenso

Looking at the scorecards of provincial A game splayed over labour weekend. I note NZ A fast bowler from last year, O'Rourke, has moved to Canterbury from Auckland.

Last edited:

Immenso

The nzc website home page redirects you the useless cricket nation page.

So either click the 'visit full site' button.
or the link I posted above

Immenso

From the useless cricket nation I just disparaged, and just clicked on to see if it is still so useless:

Matt Henry ruled out of cricket for the next 4-6 weeks. Tyler Lortan comes into the 12 as a replacement.

Matt Henry suffering a broken right thumb.

thierry henry

International Coach
I’m at the Auckland game. Never seen Field and Toole before and can’t say they do much for me...little medium pacers and Field’s action is yuck.

Bracewell and Rance bowling well. Guptill played a painful innings. Does Rance always carry on at this level? Bit of the elder statesman/alpha vibes?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes Rance has got a lot of that old pig-hunting, volunteer fire brigade, Michael Mason and Lance Hamilton sort of CD in him. The younger tier have started to really let the Stags down by not becoming big world stars, so Rance fires up when he takes a wicket. He maybe gets off on being the black hat in the cowboy film in that sense, the one the YouTube-watching, Adam Milne-loving masses didn't really want to prevail.

I've been surprised by CD being so keen over the last 12 months to get Joey Field involved. Meanwhile the pacer Field's age that CW pundits actually saw a reasonably high ceiling in (Millard) can't get a run in the first division of Christchurch Metro club cricket.