• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***2019 State of Origin First Try Scorer***

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a bit silly but those plays are always called that way.
Back when I used to religiously watch the league that would have been called poor ball security, play on. Ridiculous you can pass a ball into a tackler's hand and it's called a knock on against him.

stephen

About a metre offside

Have cameras so why not use them and now has cost a try
I could swear that NSW defense was up far quicker than they should be but the ridiculously zoomed in view doesn't show the line these days.

All I know is that Queensland's defence is the worst I've seen from them in decades.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I could swear that NSW defense was up far quicker than they should be but the ridiculously zoomed in view doesn't show the line these days.

All I know is that Queensland's defence is the worst I've seen from them in decades.
Haha. I thought the exact opposite. QLD played with very quick line speed all night and defended really well. You could see they were gassed in the closing stages though.

Good Origin. Feel like NSW could do better than Cleary and QLD still look good despite having several passenger selections.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think that's the first try scorer comp I've missed - completely slipped my mind.

In for games two and three please.

the big bambino

International Captain
Ha yeah. NSW defend well - offside. Been doin' it all night ref. Qld defend well - PASSION! NSW just don't get origin.

stephen

Haha. I thought the exact opposite. QLD played with very quick line speed all night and defended really well. You could see they were gassed in the closing stages though.

Good Origin. Feel like NSW could do better than Cleary and QLD still look good despite having several passenger selections.
This was first half commentary. NSW defended much better in the first half.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bloody good change if you ask me. Never made sense that the line was the boundary except in the corner.
Yeah, it's just led to these fantastic tries where wingers have developed this skill of going aerial, whereas in the past they'd be in touch, which in turn meant the default was they'd cut back inside and take a tackle. It's brilliant now.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah both sides were off side all night.
It's Origin. You have to do something breathtakingly stupid (like pulling a guy down by his shoulders when he's in the process of playing the ball) to get penalised.

stephen

So apparently Gagai has more origin tries than club tries. Who does he play for? He was incredible last night. It's hard not seeing him scoring oodles of tries at lower levels.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
So apparently Gagai has more origin tries than club tries. Who does he play for? He was incredible last night. It's hard not seeing him scoring oodles of tries at lower levels.
Souths. He's surrounded by one of the strongest rosters in the comp.

He's just one of those guys that has much more in him than he gives at club level.

social

NSW don´t go changing

This will either go down as a selection masterstroke or the biggest panic job since they last panicked

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Some of it is injury related, but it's still insane. One prop in the entire squad? Really? Walker in particular seems unlucky. Didn't have a great game but the dude was in his first Origin. If you're going to drop him after a middling performance in a 4 point loss at Suncorp why bother picking him in the first place?