• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2015 World cup ticket prices (NZ) announced

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket World Cup ticket prices revealed | Stuff.co.nz

Some information has been released on the ticket prices for the world cup. The prices for the pool matches sound fairly reasonable, but I have a very hard time believing that anyone is going to pay $150 - $200 for a QF ticket. Of course they'll probably get good numbers in if India is playing at the Eden Park QF, but otherwise I think they'll be pushing it to get many people through the gate (especially if it's a non-NZ/IND game) with ticket prices starting at $65.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a bit steep, but still only about half what the Rugby World Cup prices were. I think I'm probably willing to pay that for the Eden Park semi-final.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The prices for the pool matches sound fairly reasonable, but I have a very hard time believing that anyone is going to pay $150 - $200 for a QF ticket.
I'm actually keen on doing exactly that. The World Cup seems like a perfect excuse for me to finally catch a game at the Basin Reserve.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
"For the quarterfinal in Wellington, ticket prices range from $50 to $150, and for the Auckland semifinal they range from $65 to $195."

Not bad

@PEWS, the Wellington games will be played at the westpac stadium not basin reserve.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'll give it a miss then. Hopefully a lot of people think like me and they get shafted because of that decision. :p

_Ed_

FMD can't wait for the WC to be in Aust/NZ.
Exactly! I remember the first time I got interested in the World Cup was the 95-96 one, and I asked my parents when we'd get to host it. Was devastated when they tole me we'd only just hosted the last one.

FINALLY.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'll give it a miss then. Hopefully a lot of people think like me and they get shafted because of that decision. :p
Unlikely scenario.

This isn't at Pews now - $195 sounds steep at first but what do you earn on a typical day? Going to a World Cup Semi Final is probably the hottest ticket in New Zealand that year so I think the price is quite reasonable. It probably gets tricky if you have a family though.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Unless Beyonce returns I think people will cough up.

People don't take their whole family to rugby games either tbh.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely the tickets will be pretty much dirt cheap for non-Aus pool games, I was hoping to do a bit of road-tripping and getting around to few games around the country sitting in the cheap seats.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
A world cup qf is one of the rare occasions where using the stadium's 30,000+ capacity might actually be justified. Having said that, I agree that it's pathetic that they're not holding any games at the Basin. The England v SRL match, in particular would've been fantastic if it'd been held at the Basin.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am glad no games are at the basin due to its small capacity and I've written an email to NZC thanking them for the decision. What is capacity at the basin anyway 10,000? We were turning people away during the England test which is a shame for cricket fans.

It also gets uncomfortable on the bank and you can't stretch out when every man and his dog is there.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I take back the tough for family thing I said earlier. Children tickets for the pool matches are just $5.

benchmark00

Yeah but everyone in New Zealand are cuz's or bro's, so it's still very expensive to take a group of 30,000 to the cricket.