• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2010/11 Ashes statistical quiddities

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia have failed to take more than a single wicket in any of the last 14 sessions in which they've bowled (comprising 9 full sessions and 5 partial sessions).

Brisbane:
Day 3 session 3: no wicket
Day 4 session 1: no wicket
Day 4 session 2: Strauss
Day 4 session 3: no wicket
Day 5 session 1: no wicket
Day 5 session 2 (19 overs): no wicket

Adelaide:
Day 1 session 3 (1 over): no wicket
Day 2 session 1: Strauss
Day 2 session 2: Trott
Day 2 session 3: no wicket
Day 3 session 1: Cook
Day 3 session 2: Collingwood
Day 4 session 1 (9 overs): Pietersen

Perth:
Day 1 session 3 (12 overs): no wicket

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ponting's average @ 53.85 drops below 54 for the first time in 5 years.
Tendulkar hit a low of 54.02 in October 2008 (after the first Test against Australia in the home series). Funnily enough, he had long since passed his career "slump" by then, but was coming off a poor tour of SL. Strange how these running averages work.

Ruckus

International Captain
Tendulkar hit a low of 54.02 in October 2008 (after the first Test against Australia in the home series). Funnily enough, he had long since passed his career "slump" by then, but was coming off a poor tour of SL. Strange how these running averages work.
Just can't see Ponting having a second wind like Tendulkar though. His current style of play just doesn't take kindly to ageing. Seeing as though Ponting's average was at one point over 60, it just shows how far he has sunk (and there looks to be no stop to the decline). Very disappointing.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia have failed to take more than a single wicket in any of the last 14 sessions in which they've bowled (comprising 9 full sessions and 5 partial sessions).

Brisbane:
Day 3 session 3: no wicket
Day 4 session 1: no wicket
Day 4 session 2: Strauss
Day 4 session 3: no wicket
Day 5 session 1: no wicket
Day 5 session 2 (19 overs): no wicket

Adelaide:
Day 1 session 3 (1 over): no wicket
Day 2 session 1: Strauss
Day 2 session 2: Trott
Day 2 session 3: no wicket
Day 3 session 1: Cook
Day 3 session 2: Collingwood
Day 4 session 1 (9 overs): Pietersen

Perth:
Day 1 session 3 (12 overs): no wicket
To add to that....

Day 2 session 1: Cook, Trott, Pietersen, Strauss, Collingwood
Day 2 session 2: Prior, Swann, Bell, Tremlett, Anderson.

Looks like your luck is over....

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hussey is looking at one of the biggest series of all time as well.

Already 27th Aussie in any single Ashes series with 2 matches to go. Will almost certainly be set for a position in the top 10 ever and over 600 runs.

And already 15th in a home series for an Aussie.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swann with 11 wickets at 38.63 so far. Third highest wicket taker (behind Finn and Anderson) at the moment, though. What would the bloke have to end up with to claim this as a successful tour down under?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Swann with 11 wickets at 38.63 so far. Third highest wicket taker (behind Finn and Anderson) at the moment, though. What would the bloke have to end up with to claim this as a successful tour down under?
If it was a 3 match series, then given that Australia has been a graveyard for opposition spinners and those figures include one match winning spell, I'd say it was a pretty successful tour.

andyc

If it was a 3 match series, then given that Australia has been a graveyard for opposition spinners and those figures include one match winning spell, I'd say it was a pretty successful tour.
Hmmm, not so sure about that. Would say he's done about as well as anyone could've expected him to; he's bowled well on a second innings pitch to take a bagful, but other than that has struggled somewhat. Would say he's been average so far; not good, not bad.

stephen

Hussey is looking at one of the biggest series of all time as well.

Already 27th Aussie in any single Ashes series with 2 matches to go. Will almost certainly be set for a position in the top 10 ever and over 600 runs.

And already 15th in a home series for an Aussie.
Not only that but Hussey has now broken his own record for the number of consecutive Ashes half centuries or better.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was looking up some series stats last night. Unfortunately I can't remember much of last night due to a strange dehydration-related illness I am suffering from today, but I think Cook might be close to surpassing Vaughan's 02-03 tally.

pskov

International 12th Man
I was looking up some series stats last night. Unfortunately I can't remember much of last night due to a strange dehydration-related illness I am suffering from today, but I think Cook might be close to surpassing Vaughan's 02-03 tally.
Vaughan made 633 and Cook is currently on 577 so he has a pretty good chance.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I imagine he'll only get one more innings in the series though, bloody useless Aussies

At least he's back ahead of Hussey. At this point if I had to give out MOTS it would probably be Cook.

Howe_zat

Audio File
In 6 innings this series, Cook has got more runs than in the entire 2006/7 and 2009 series put together. (19 innings)

MOTS? Flower.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As of this post, three England bowlers average under 20 for the series.

Chris Tremlett has 12 @ 14.66
Tim Bresnan has 2 @ 12.5
Kevin Pietersen has 1 @ 16

:ph34r: