• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**2007 World Cup**

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
LongHopCassidy said:
The Kenyans made the semis of WC 2003. What's to say they've gotten worse?
Players' strike?
Meltdown of the KCA?
Corruption and imaginary clubs voting in league structures?
Anninhilation at the hands of Scotland?

What else do you want?

Marcus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Blaze said:
England? Their one day cricket looks far from threatning. They beat Aus once. wipdedo. You are dreaming if you think they look like a threat to Aus
Fair enough after south Africa we looked far from being World Cup champions. Although we were withoiut Flintoff, and properly another fast or fast medium bowler. However the series did have some positives....pieterson?????? have flintoff in there as well, treser and strauss, vaughan, jones then u have a batting line up capable of hitting 250 + reguallary. Trouble is the bowling, although Harmisson if he bowls in the world cup in 2007 and does another West Indies like last year, with Hoggard then you never know. Rerember another bowler could appear on the scene at any time, look at Anderson, id never heard of the guy before the 2003 world cup, although he looks suspect now. Gough as well is holding up a place in the team. Far from a threat.......well have to see....but if the team could gell look at the team we could have.......still another 2 years till the kick off of the compettiton

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Pietersen for cr**sake, yeah England were without Flintoff and had a bowling problem if you ask me, another batsman that stays in would be nice too

Marcus

kwek Pietersen for cr**sake, yeah England were without Flintoff and had a bowling problem if you ask me, another batsman that stays in would be nice too

Pieterson = replacement for thorpe when he retires in the test side, i dont agree with him being able to play for england, however because he can what a player......admittidly none of the top order could stay in long enough to build a innings....that just needs practise......name another batter that would reallly be good enough to get into the England ODI side at the moment that would make a real impression on the side and last for years.....cant name many myself

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Marcus said:
kwek Pietersen for cr**sake, yeah England were without Flintoff and had a bowling problem if you ask me, another batsman that stays in would be nice too

Pieterson = replacement for thorpe when he retires in the test side, i dont agree with him being able to play for england, however because he can what a player......admittidly none of the top order could stay in long enough to build a innings....that just needs practise......name another batter that would reallly be good enough to get into the England ODI side at the moment that would make a real impression on the side and last for years.....cant name many myself
Why shouldn't he be allowed to play for England?!

Marcus

marc71178 said:
Well for a start we won't see sides refusing to play this time.
You never know, Antigua may become the next Zimbarbwe!!! Guyana may decare war on Brazil!!!!!!, i think its fair to say that this worl cup will see bar the rain all the games being played

Natman20

International Debutant
I hope all the stupid terrorism that everyone is scared of dies down so that they can play cricket without worries in the World Cup

Natman20

International Debutant
Bond sounds good 4 NZ 2007. I will look forward to seeing the team for touring zimbabwe at the end of this year as it could include Bond, Oram, Styris and maybe a fit Tuffey. I think NZ have a good range of players that could be used for the world cup. I hope domestic game gets tougher.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Groupings announced/confirmed/whatever:

Group 1 - St Kitts & Nevis
Australia (1)
South Africa (5)
ICC Trophy qualifiers

Group 2 - Trinidad & Tobago
Sri Lanka (2)
India (8)
Bangladesh (11)
ICC Trophy qualifier

Group 3 - St Lucia
New Zealand (3)
England (7)
Kenya (10)
ICC Trophy qualifier

Group 4 - Jamaica
Pakistan (4)
West Indies (6)
Zimbabwe (9)
ICC Trophy qualifier

Australia get an easy run through with two ICC qualifiers in Group 1. As for the rest, it's pretty much predictable who will go through, although I think Bangladesh have the potential to create an upset in Group 2. Kenya are in strife atm, but Zimbabwe might be able to get their team sorted out before WC2007.

howardj

International Coach
It's funny that Australia and South Africa are in the same group. What's the bet South Africa's two games against the ICC qualifiers get washed out - plus the reserve days - and Australia then thrashes South Africa more comprehensively than they do to the other teams, and as a result South Africa are eliminated :p

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
howardj said:
It's funny that Australia and South Africa are in the same group. What's the bet South Africa's two games against the ICC qualifiers get washed out - plus the reserve days - and Australia then thrashes South Africa more comprehensively than they do to the other teams, and as a result South Africa are eliminated :p
That would amuse me hugely.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
howardj said:
Sounds a bit like their luck. ;)

psxpro

Banned
Scaly piscine said:
Na, NZ are outsiders if Aus beat them 5-0 regardless of what some ranking system says. To win the World Cup someone will have to beat Aus in the semis or final, as I've said before England and WI look the main threats.
Lol at England, They will get rolled By NZ.
Westindies are too inconsistant. ICC champs was a joke, played in conditions where team batting 2nd had it too easy.
That won't be the case in the windies.

Top contenders are Aus Obiously.
Followed by NZ and pakistan. Windies will have a good chance since they are at home but are too inconsistant to win it imo.

dinu23

International Debutant
I don't think NZ have a chance of reaching the finals in the world cup. It'll probably be pakistan or india.