• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**2007 World Cup**

psxpro

Banned
chaminda_00 said:
What has sub-continent pitches have to do with anything, a turning track is not a flat pitch and as hard to bat on as a seaming track. The guy is only 20 he will improve, their not too many 20yo who reach to top of their games.

Actually no they are not as hard to bat on. Usually pitches dont turn from day 1. Thats why subcontinent matches are usually higher scoring. And its not as if Ashraful gets done by spinner, he regularly gets out to medium pace bowlers. He isn't anywhere as good as people say, he isn't even bangladesh's best batsman.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
psxpro said:
Actually no they are not as hard to bat on. Usually pitches dont turn from day 1. Thats why subcontinent matches are usually higher scoring. And its not as if Ashraful gets done by spinner, he regularly gets out to medium pace bowlers. He isn't anywhere as good as people say, he isn't even bangladesh's best batsman.
Well to seaming tracks seam for all 5 days, i don't think so. Not all sub-continent matches are high scoring, did u watch the Sri Lanka/Australia series.

psxpro

Banned
Well we didnt get it in nz , I think that must have been a very exciting series.
I enjoy those types better than what even we are getting in nz lately.
I hope the pitch seams around and the batsmen never get in.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
What has sub-continent pitches have to do with anything, a turning track is not a flat pitch and as hard to bat on as a seaming track. The guy is only 20 he will improve, their not too many 20yo who reach to top of their games.
Some sub-continent wickets are very flat, and while flat wickets occur all over the world at the moment, the flattest ones are almost universally in India, and to a lesser extent in the other sub-continent nations.

willb88

Cricket Spectator
Itinerary

Does anybody know when the itinerary comes out for the 2007 world cup?
Or is it already out?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Some sub-continent wickets are very flat, and while flat wickets occur all over the world at the moment, the flattest ones are almost universally in India, and to a lesser extent in the other sub-continent nations.
I think u would find that Indian pitches are flatter but have a lot more uneven bonce then most pitches in Australia. If your talking about pitches in trems of how much the they bounce then yeah, but their are other things to consider when your asessing a pitch such as uneven bounce, turn, seam, low or high bounce. Just because a pitch doesn't bounce doesn't nessary mean it is a flat pitch.

tooextracool

International Coach
honestbharani said:
I think the format of this world cup is basically stupid. I am not even sure if the team who wins this one would actually have been the best team in the competition. Sure, the 92 format cannot be practical at this stage, but last WC's format was reasonably better than this one.
umm what?
this wc is actually surprisingly similar to the 92 world cup, and i dont see how you could think that one is good while the other is not. i actually like this format, because at the end of it all, you know who deserved to win, based on performances against all quality ODI opposition.

howardj

International Coach
Natman20 said:
How will the aussies go after the world cup without adam gilchrist if he does retire
Don't think it will have a major impact in ODI cricket, but Australia will sure feel his absence in the longer form of the game. One of the all-time greats.

Natman20

International Debutant
I have seen some players that I would like to see in the world cup in NZ domestic like Patel is there younger ones that should replace older guys or do you think some domestic players have proven themselves worthy of places in their national teams

bradman2005

Cricket Spectator
Natman20 said:
I have seen some players that I would like to see in the world cup in NZ domestic like Patel is there younger ones that should replace older guys or do you think some domestic players have proven themselves worthy of places in their national teams
Guys like Fulton,How,Taylor,Aldridge should be given a go,they are the future stars of NZ cricket and should go to Zimbabwe

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dydl said:
Why is there already a World Cup 2007 thread when it is only 2005?
Because it started off talking about the group setup (based on world rankings etc.)

I'm sure that come the Tournament there'll be a separate forum for it.

Natman20

International Debutant
bradman2005 said:
Guys like Fulton,How,Taylor,Aldridge should be given a go,they are the future stars of NZ cricket and should go to Zimbabwe
Will have to see how some nz players will go in the NZ A squad this year and it will be good to see Oram and Bond back to

Natman20

International Debutant
What does everyone think of the pools?

Pool 1: St Kitts Australia, South Africa, Holland, Scotland
Pool 2: Trinidad Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda
Pool 3: St Lucia New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada
Pool 4: Jamaica West Indies, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, Ireland

There are some interesting prospects in there