• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honours about even at this stage IMO. Did a bit off the wicket this session. Aus came back well from 3 for nothing but that's probably more down to England's bowling being poor and letting them get away than anything the Aussies did.

cnerd123

likes this
maybe the plan was to get Stokes to bowl a load of ****e and induce a rubbish shot from Smith as a result

i mean Vaughan did just shows us examples of Botham doing that in the 80s

Uppercut

Honours about even at this stage IMO. Did a bit off the wicket this session. Aus came back well from 3 for nothing but that's probably more down to England's bowling being poor and letting them get away than anything the Aussies did.
Yeah I'd rather be in Australia's shoes. Even isn't even when both teams are so much better with the ball than with the bat.

Spark

Global Moderator
England are in front but it does feel like that, with the gate wide open and inviting, England vaguely wandered around and off again. Massive opportunity let go in the last 50 minutes.

Groundking

International Debutant
Rubbish second half of the session, we had the opportunity to go for the throat and just let them off completely.

morgieb

I think England would be happy with 3 wickets after losing the toss, but the second half of the session was pretty dire from them. Looks 50/50, but I'm feeling confident given how Smith looks.

flibbertyjibber

Rubbish second half of the session, we had the opportunity to go for the throat and just let them off completely.
Well blame Root and Stokes for that. Bowling Stokes for so long when he was so bad was a huge error and must mean Jimmy is stuffed and will hardly bowl.