• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pathetic from Root, letting the game drift by bowling Stokes and bringing on Moeen. Pressure off and runs flowing. Craptaincy at it's worst.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The badness of stokes' spell transcends his bowling figures so far. His worst deliveries have been so bad that they've been physically impossible to score off.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah Lyon is not going to be fun on this by day 4. Going to spin a bit and have variable bounce.

Stokes still on = Anderson injured, surely?

Best chance of a wicket is a long hop they plink to a fielder.
Stokes is actually so erratic that he's just as likely to produce one completely unplayable ball which pitches leg and hits the top of off stump tbf. He has absolutely no control over what he's doing, but he is getting serious movement.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Shirt numbers should at least be by batting order...then when Leach made a 92 with an 11 on his back it means so much more

Spark

Global Moderator
The badness of stokes' spell transcends his bowling figures so far. His worst deliveries have been so bad that they've been physically impossible to score off.
Which, I know I and others keep harping on about, is a thing that we're supposed to have a rule for...

the big bambino

International Captain
Stokes is actually so erratic that he's just as likely to produce one completely unplayable ball which pitches leg and hits the top of off stump tbf. He has absolutely no control over what he's doing, but he is getting serious movement.
I mean he should be taken off but is bowling with some heat and if he lands one could get through as he nearly did with Travis.