• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test at Brisbane, 8th-12th of December 2021

tony p

First Class Debutant
It's never a good look when the number 9 batsman is out playing the reverse sweep. Play normally you idiot.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even for a Pommy tail ender, it’s embarrassing to get bowled by a finger spinner.

Or out to them at all tbh

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can’t help but think that Rory Burns and his lockdown hair are entirely to blame here. Yet another covid nightmare unfolding in Australia

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I remember back in 2001 in the Eden Gardens test, I was surprised and a bit frustrated when Laxman and Dravid did not come out attacking at Warne especially at the beginning of Day 4. They were both pretty positive against Warne and scored loads of runs on Day 3 off him. But when Day 4 began, they batted normally, even cautiously, did not step out much at all for the first 30 to 45 mins before they started doing that again. Feel like Malan should tried to play similarly today. When you restart an unbroken big partnership the next day, you gotta ensure you play tight for the first 30 mins or so before you open out. Not just to protect wickets or anything but there is a psyhological impact on the opposition when you dont seperate the overnight pair quickly in the morning, when they have already put on a big partership the previous day.

Its going south fast for England but at least they made Australia bat again. Gotta look at small wins like that and shore up their bowling and strategies better for next game if they are to stay in the series. I Hope they do. Its no fun watching another 5-0 thumping.

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
I remember back in 2001 in the Eden Gardens test, I was surprised and a bit frustrated when Laxman and Dravid did not come out attacking at Warne especially at the beginning of Day 4. They were both pretty positive against Warne and scored loads of runs on Day 3 off him. But when Day 4 began, they batted normally, even cautiously, did not step out much at all for the first 30 to 45 mins before they started doing that again. Feel like Malan should tried to play similarly today. When you restart an unbroken big partnership the next day, you gotta ensure you play tight for the first 30 mins or so before you open out. Not just to protect wickets or anything but there is a psyhological impact on the opposition when you dont seperate the overnight pair quickly in the morning, when they have already put on a big partership the previous day.

Its going south fast for England but at least they made Australia bat again. Gotta look at small wins like that and shore up their bowling and strategies better for next game if they are to stay in the series. I Hope they do. Its no fun watching another 5-0 thumping.
Yeah surely Jimmy & Broad will be brought back for the next test,however how many times do we get them 5-6 down but lack ruthlessness to blow away the tail. Personally think we are also crying out for a international test level coach. So sick of us only caring about the limited overs game.