• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test at Brisbane, 8th-12th of December 2021

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks to this thread, I am picturing a Barmy Army-less Gabba as a haven of tranquility and enlightenment, where Australian fans occasionally break off from discussing Plato's later dialogues to sample a local olive or murmur 'Steady on, old chap' when Rory Burns' strike rate exceeds 25.
You've got most of this right. The only slight error is in your reference to Burns. What we'll really be doing is pissing ourselves laughing every time he takes strike, but then calling triple zero because we think he might be having a stroke.

Son Of Coco

It's looking like the warm up matches could be partially/completely washed out. Will make for an interesting start to the series...assuming it starts.

social

No match practice for either team

Richardson in place of Starc is a no brainer for me

tony p

First Class Debutant
How much cricket is going to take place.
The forecast for the next fortnight isn't great.

Maybe both teams can do swimming & canoeing races.

Starfighter

If it's not a proper big inland trough that causes widespread flooding type system, it'll be alright. It'll be afternoon storms that rapidly pass. That said, the 12z chart is showing a proper big inland trough that causes widespread flooding type system:

1638427765705.png

JBMAC

State Captain
How do you rate him with the gloves compared with Inglis mate? I haven't seen much of the latter at all really.
I think Inglis is what i refer to as a "clean keeper" and would do a decent job. Having said that Carey, if he had to could open with Warner, has skippered his country in Pyjama cricket and is capable of big scores so he has already proven himself. As a pure stumper I think Inglis is way in front ,is a lot tidier and has greater anticipation than Carey. He is "in waiting " and his time will come

Gob

International Coach
I think Inglis is what i refer to as a "clean keeper" and would do a decent job. Having said that Carey, if he had to could open with Warner, has skippered his country in Pyjama cricket and is capable of big scores so he has already proven himself. As a pure stumper I think Inglis is way in front ,is a lot tidier and has greater anticipation than Carey. He is "in waiting " and his time will come
I don't think its prudent to open with a keeper in test cricket with the workload even if he is good enough.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
It's refreshing to be in a situation where we have so many keeping options that somoene like Inglis can be left out and most people are ok with it, outside of those two you have Jimmy P making runs for fun in the shield the past 2 seasons. Real contrast to 2017 when we had no keepers making a score.

Gob

International Coach
It's refreshing to be in a situation where we have so many keeping options that somoene like Inglis can be left out and most people are ok with it, outside of those two you have Jimmy P making runs for fun in the shield the past 2 seasons. Real contrast to 2017 when we had no keepers making a score.
Both Carey and Inglis can average 40 plus in test cricket

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Both Carey and Inglis can average 40 plus in test cricket
Can they? High 30s is as good as non-Gilchrist keepers can hope to be. There's Prior of course but extenuating circumstances. Watling, Dhoni etc.

Gob

International Coach
Yeah its unlikely for keepers to average that much and these two average in the mid 30s in FC cricket. I just think they are hitting the peak as careers and simultaneously getting picked to play for Australia would definitely help