• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test at Brisbane, 8th-12th of December 2021

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd rather Inglis makes his debut tbh if he's already usurped Carey in the LO cricket. Invest early.

Although, it could be fun watching Carey slap them right to cover and point for all his dismissals.

Jarquis

Apparently Paine is taking indefinite leave form all forms of cricket. Hope he's doing ok.

It'll give the Barmy Army time to make up a nice, not at all personal and offensive ditty about him though, so that'll be good for their supporters on here I suppose/
Doesn’t sound like it from what his agent has said.

Say what you want about the actual events at the time but I do feel a bit for him and his family. Having already had to navigate and deal with this at the time, to have old wounds picked apart in the media sometime later and go through it all again and that’s coming from somebody who has little to no time for infidelity

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's actually taking a break because he got out in the 2nd XI game for 7 playing a hook

Tough to come back from that

Gnske

Clearly it's time for this to come true.
Jesus ****ing christ

“Damien Martyn, Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke, Phillip Hughes and Jake Doran are the five guys I can think that I have heard more noises about and more certainty about from (an early age). They were tipped at 16 to play significant numbers of Test matches for Australia and make a lot of runs.

Jake’s the only one who hasn’t played for Australia yet. These guys were prolific run-scorers and they were always tipped to be.”

Oh dear, he doesn't understand how time works.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jesus Christ that's terrible isn't it? No wonder MacGill was kidnapped. Kept him away from the keyboard.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't wait to hear Wade's rendition of "Nice Garry" repeatedly as Rory Burns moves serenely to 34 off 158 balls

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Scandal or no scandal, Australia will have to be pretty terrible to lose a game. Even with Stokes back in the XI this is the worst English batting lineup since the mid-90's, and possibly even worse than that.
All Stokes needs is one or two other people to absorb 50 deliveries each as he Thanoses you to kingdom come :ph34r:

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
Thanks to this thread, I am picturing a Barmy Army-less Gabba as a haven of tranquility and enlightenment, where Australian fans occasionally break off from discussing Plato's later dialogues to sample a local olive or murmur 'Steady on, old chap' when Rory Burns' strike rate exceeds 25.