• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
Dhoni deserves criticism. When Jadeja's strike rate was 133, Dhoni's was 57. As usual, he put more pressure on his team mate to hit the big shots instead of taking the pressure off him. He left it way too late as usual.

But the majority of the criticism should be directed towards the so called No.1 and No.2 ODI batsmen.

What's the point of scoring 5 hundreds when you don't step up when it matters ?

WC 2015 semi, CT final 2017, Now this semi, both have flopped massively when it mattered. This has become a regular occurence now.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Dhoni deserves criticism. When Jadeja's strike rate was 133, Dhoni's was 57. As usual, he put more pressure on his team mate to hit the big shots instead of taking the pressure off him. He left it way too late as usual.

But the majority of the criticism should be directed towards the so called No.1 and No.2 ODI batsmen.

What's the point of scoring 5 hundreds when you don't step up when it matters ?

WC 2015 semi, CT final 2017, Now this semi, both have flopped massively when it mattered. This has become a regular occurence now.
Kohli is just not a big match player, his WC record is pretty average too.

Groundking

International Debutant
Dhoni played it to perfection until about the 46th over imo. He was bad for the next 2 overs sure but it's always tricky when chasing 10 runs an over and two balls can change things.

This is a game where India didn't stand any chance of winning before that partnership and I find it silly that the talk is about one of the only 2 players that stood up.
Nah he was so poor at rotating strike back to Jadeja in the lead up to the 46th over is what left them with far too much to do which is criminal when he can't hit boundaries anymore.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhoni's innings wasn't that bad, but god the sycophancy coming from Ganguly during the innings, ****ing hell. Really only Jadeja could let him play the way he did, and while there were a couple of meh balls let go New Zealand deep in the innings was on the money hard.

wrongun

Banned
Commiserations to all the Indian fans on here. Losing a SF can be hearbreaking. Having said that, kudos to Roscoe and KW. What a monumental gutsy partnership. Bravado is generally defined as hitting the ball all over, but in this case, they were brave to be patient and risk a lower than par total.

Spark

Global Moderator
70 pages for a single ODI has got to be a record.

Two Day Internationals should be a thing?
Haha I feel I would get really annoyed at it after a while but as a novelty, splitting an ODI across two days was an interesting spin on the format.

Zinzan

Well Henry's made me eat ****, which of course I'm delighted to do since I said he should be nowhere near the WC squad.

Uppercut

Reserve days should be standard in all WC games and should be used before DLS.

Cricket's handling of rain is an embarrassment to the sport that we all kind of stop noticing because we're used to it. When you find yourself trying to defend it to fans of other sports you realise how tinpot it is.

Shri

Mr. Glass
thoughts about the future:

give pant a never ending rope. we don't need to find a wk who averages 50 again in odis. yuvraj averaged 37 and he won us a wc. set him somewhere in the xi and don't ****ing touch him even if he fails for a long time. kid's heart is in the right place.

**** rahul. get shaw in there as a backup opener is sharma or dhawan get injured. or gill or mayank. rahul never

kohli has to make the sacrifice for the team and move down to 4. gill or pant should bat at 3.

wrap bumrah in cotton wool. we are probably not going to see a fast bowler as good as him for another 25 years.

jadhav's 35 bin him and start preparing for the next wc

post wc xi

Dhawan / Mayank / Shaw
Rohit
Gill
Kohli
Iyer
Pant
Pandya
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Chahal
Bumrah

Shami

Jezroy

State Captain
I feel like a smug little **** to be honest. There was a lot of knee jerk reaction going on after yesterday - not just on here, but all over media and social media.

What an absolutely great day for NZ Cricket. We’ve reached a second consecutive World Cup final against so many odds. We haven’t really played that well through this tournament, but have just kept in there and made the best of what we have.

The bowling attack is just on fire at the moment. That partnership from Kane and Ross... I just couldn’t accept that those guys would be so clueless as to bat that way without a reason. Reason being they though 240-250 would be enough.

What an innings from Jadeja. Almost single handedly won that game.

Borges

International Regular
Having said that, kudos to Roscoe and KW. What a monumental gutsy partnership. Bravado is generally defined as hitting the ball all over, but in this case, they were brave to be patient and risk a lower than par total.
I think they realised quite early that 250 was going to be a challenging target on this pitch. They read it perfectly.

morgieb

It's awesome for the antipodes FTR. Usually I find I'm missing out of the best bits of some ODI's as I have to go to bed during the second innings. Here I could watch basically the whole game.

Burner

International Regular
Nah he was so poor at rotating strike back to Jadeja in the lead up to the 46th over is what left them with far too much to do which is criminal when he can't hit boundaries anymore.
Haha, this is such a hindsighty thing to say. They were 130 rins away from the target before the partnership. At that stage you try as best as you can to get close to the target. Dhoni gets out anywhere before at least they get 20 runs within the target and the game is done.

OverratedSanity

thoughts about the future:

give pant a never ending rope. we don't need to find a wk who averages 50 again in odis. yuvraj averaged 37 and he won us a wc. set him somewhere in the xi and don't ****ing touch him even if he fails for a long time. kid's heart is in the right place.

**** rahul. get shaw in there as a backup opener is sharma or dhawan get injured. or gill or mayank. rahul never

kohli has to make the sacrifice for the team and move down to 4. gill or pant should bat at 3.

wrap bumrah in cotton wool. we are probably not going to see a fast bowler as good as him for another 25 years.

jadhav's 35 bin him and start preparing for the next wc

post wc xi

Dhawan / Mayank / Shaw
Rohit
Gill
Kohli
Iyer
Pant
Pandya
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Chahal
Bumrah

Shami
I dont know about KulCha anymore. Maybe theyll be good in India for 2023, but Shami was far too good to be sacrificed.

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
Dhoni helped to make this game an exciting semi-final.
With wickets crashing at the other end, he was the foil that Jadeja needed.
It took an amazing throw to finally end the game - without the direct hit he would have taken India home for sure.
The six he hit was effortless - I wish Joe Root could move effortlessly from needed tuk tuk to finishing time smoking it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Dhoni's formula was great but the margins he won when he was younger just wasn't possible the older he got, which is why he should have called time a long time ago.