• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Burner

International Regular
Pandya and Dhoni just have to knuckle down here. Don't lose another wicket for the rest of the day. Start fresh on day 3.

slippy888

International Captain
What's disappointing here is how we all (on CW) have been expecting this and saying this could happen from Day 1.

Over reliance on top 3 + strong pace attack + moving ball = recipe for disaster

It has played out to a tee. We said it so often. 'Wait till we're 20/3 in a WC KO game' in the leadup, and during, this tournament.

And now MSD is going to do exactly what we all know he's going to do - just bat for time, bat for himself, let the RRR creep up, and when the game is well and truly lost, smash a few boundaries to raise his SR.

That would have been fine if he had come in earlier but he's decided to bat 7 today for some reason. Maybe to protect himself from blame - can't really say it's his fault we lost today.

We really need to figure out how to develop our middle order better in the leadup to the next WC.
No chance of the happening he one of the greats

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Being a Bombay boy, I can attest to this being true. It's just great watching a delhiite lose their marbles. Entitled people a lot of them. But watching Shastri get fired after this will be sweeter.
yeah, Especially after this Delhi brat used his power to oust Anil Kumble for no reason...

wrongun

Banned
This is why I was dreading losing to them. Win the whole thing
Imagine the devastation amongst Pakistani fans. New Zealand vs England would be juicy since a new winner would be crowned but wouldnt mind seeing AUS win their 6th and watching the entire cricketing world have a melt down. India losing here is the best possible thing.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
smithys voice sounds slightly out, like he's been drinking heavily and yelling a lot

good man
Hah, been a while since he swung to that extreme. Watching this on the phone in office with the volume turned down.

wrongun

Banned
Santner has bowled beautifully and Neesham's bowling has really improved. I was expecting de Grandhomme to be a handful on this wicket but he was wayward.
Same. I wonder if it's benefitial for NZ to keep Dhoni out there. Ofcourse would rather have them skittle the Indians out

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Wait why are we all assuming Dhoni decided he was going to bat at this time? I honestly don't see the problem here, the Pandya/Pant partnership was going fine until Pant actually got out. Had they added another 50 runs Dhoni could have realistically finished the game with jadeja and bhuvi with less than a 100. My issues with this team are a little different, like KL simply not good enough as an opener in testing conditions, the guy is simply to uncertain as whether he should attack or play the bowlers out, in the case of the latter he doesn't have the tecnique to whether the storm IMO, therefore he should simply hack his way to a 20 (10) which would be so much more useful. I MISS DHAWAN! :(