• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
This game proves ODI 'rankings' are so **** and insignificant. Hate when commentary team give them the undeserved weightage.

Big pressure game and NZ dispatch the No.1 and No.2 batsmen according to 'rankings' with ease

Kohli and Rohit's record in important semis and finals needs to be seriously questioned

I guess this is what sets Dhoni and even Gambhir apart from others. Both played a huge part in India's previous two world cup wins.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Does anyone have any idea what Kohli was saying?

He never appears to me to be this cool guy he's often touted as (a bit like that recent failed Manchester United football manager - that moaner guy). He always looks so agro.
He's a Delhi brat who thinks like all other Delhi brats that the rest of the world come equipped without a sharp tongue and a fist.

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
How are people now who disbelieved my ODI program when it gave only 51.3% chance to Indian win before the start of the match?
But that's still a majority win for India.

Let's see. If anyone can do it, Dhoni can, and Jadeja can help finish it off. It could still be close.

wrongun

Banned
He's a Delhi brat who thinks like all other Delhi brats that the rest of the world come equipped without a sharp tongue and a fist.
Being a Bombay boy, I can attest to this being true. It's just great watching a delhiite lose their marbles. Entitled people a lot of them. But watching Shastri get fired after this will be sweeter.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Feel for Dhoni despite myself. Stayed on for far too long and now has to go out ignominiously or as the ultimate legend. No middle ground now.

cnerd123

likes this
What's disappointing here is how we all (on CW) have been expecting this and saying this could happen from Day 1.

Over reliance on top 3 + strong pace attack + moving ball = recipe for disaster

It has played out to a tee. We said it so often. 'Wait till we're 20/3 in a WC KO game' in the leadup, and during, this tournament.

And now MSD is going to do exactly what we all know he's going to do - just bat for time, bat for himself, let the RRR creep up, and when the game is well and truly lost, smash a few boundaries to raise his SR.

That would have been fine if he had come in earlier but he's decided to bat 7 today for some reason. Maybe to protect himself from blame - can't really say it's his fault we lost today.

We really need to figure out how to develop our middle order better in the leadup to the next WC.