• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th Match - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why weren't as many games rained off in 99? In fact I can't recall if any of them did. India vs. England game had rain interruption, but was completed on the reserve day. This world cup is ruined a fair bit already :(
Someone posted the 2018 rainfall stats of Bristol and they were low. Just regular old variance.

slippy888

International Captain
Weather should clear around 4pm today need to be flexible both teams and umpires to at least get a 20 20 game in

BSM

U19 Cricketer
I'm not sure whether the suggestion of roofs for the stadiums is serious or not, but I really can't see that ever being possible with the venues in the U.K. They aren't ringed Colosseums where a roof could be connected around it, but separate stands, buildings etc that couldn't really be changed.

I remember maybe a year ago I saw something about some rich guy who was a big fan of cricket was looking into developing some kind of transparent cover that could be placed above grounds but even that doesn't seem feasible to me.

This is just unfortunate tbh. It didn't rain at all in June last year from what I can remember. Hopefully this week is the only rain the tournament gets

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is even more frustrating as it seems like the sort of rain they'd play through if the game had started.

Stapel

International Regular
Climate change, what climate change?
On a serious note:

A few days of rain can happen in June, not? OR is this kind of weather exceptional?

Last Saturday my own match (in The Hague, Holland) was interrupted by a proper storm. Never ever before have I seen that in June.

slippy888

International Captain
Should have pushed the start time back the 1.30pm it would have given them more a chance of getting a game in

Victor Ian

International Coach
I'm not sure whether the suggestion of roofs for the stadiums is serious or not, but I really can't see that ever being possible with the venues in the U.K. They aren't ringed Colosseums where a roof could be connected around it, but separate stands, buildings etc that couldn't really be changed.

I remember maybe a year ago I saw something about some rich guy who was a big fan of cricket was looking into developing some kind of transparent cover that could be placed above grounds but even that doesn't seem feasible to me.

This is just unfortunate tbh. It didn't rain at all in June last year from what I can remember. Hopefully this week is the only rain the tournament gets
Totally serious - If they wanted to, they could solve this. Some dumb ideas that are actually doable when you get the numbers right, if you could be ****ed.
Four poles at extemeties of ground. Connect with cables. Hang a tarp over them.
Big fans around extremeites of ground. Create an upside down tornado above ground that blows the rain to the sides.
Buy 40000 drones with bowls that fly in unison to create a temporary cover as needed. This one is transportable and solves all grounds with one project.
Seed the clouds so they dump all their rain before they reach the stadiums. China did it for their Olympics. It's doable.

I just want to praise them for this event. It was going so well until the rain started.

And why they are at it. Buy back that random missing corner of the ground Australia played the Windies at and put some grass on it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No one can doubt the reasons behind the Poms being such a horrible, miserable and physically inferior race when you look and laugh at the rubbish climate they grow up in.