• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th Match - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

veganbob

U19 Captain
If rain cancels a few games then this new format is not good, and you really need a quarter final stage.

What? We are lucky its this format, if there was 4 groups of 4 like some people mentioned- teams would get only 3 group games each- could get 2 washed out and knocked out after 1 game.

Quarter finals in cricket is absolute nonsense too and pretty much makes the group stages meaningless.

Regardless of the rain- atleast with this format the best 4 performing teams are still likely to make it

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Can the rest of the WC be washed out now? NZ win by the two sweetest words in the English language

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Disappointing, really wanted to see how this game would pan out given these two sides very rarely meet in global tournaments. A missed chance for NZ to assess where they really stand.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disappointing, really wanted to see how this game would pan out given these two sides very rarely meet in global tournaments. A missed chance for NZ to assess where they really stand.
Damn, I didn't realize India and NZ hadn't played each other in the wc since 2003.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
What? We are lucky its this format, if there was 4 groups of 4 like some people mentioned- teams would get only 3 group games each- could get 2 washed out and knocked out after 1 game.

Quarter finals in cricket is absolute nonsense too and pretty much makes the group stages meaningless.

Regardless of the rain- atleast with this format the best 4 performing teams are still likely to make it
Yeah you just have to look at the CT in 2017 to support this. I seem to remember rain had a significant effect on Bangladesh beating NZ to the semis (though I think they did beat them tbf.)