• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th Match - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The 'real' world cup starts for NZ.

India must be very firm favourites. Only chance for NZ is a fresh greenish track like in the warm-up, which I doubt we'll see at Trent Bridge.

Sadly from a NZ POV, I sense a fairly comprehensive win for India, who'll be riding high after their last hit-out.

Flem274*

123/5
let's ****ing go ****s, we get to measure ourselves against the best. no shame in defeat, only shame in a lack of effort. breaking kohli's nose will be considered an automatic nz victory.

Zinzan

let's ****ing go ****s, we get to measure ourselves against the best. no shame in defeat, only shame in a lack of effort. breaking kohli's nose will be considered an automatic nz victory.
Hope I didn't sound overly pessimistic there, you're right about it being a good measurement of where we are. Really hyped for this one.

vcs

Should be an excellent game, very impressive NZ side. Hope it's a close one, the last series had one-sided wins by both teams.

smash84

The Tiger King
NZ are a very good team, I expect this to be close.

But they will mess up when put up under pressure and India will win.

BeeGee

International Captain
Top of the table clash between the only two unbeaten teams. Bring it on!!

... as long as it isn't weather affected. The polls need to include a "washout" option.

Last edited:

Moss

International Vice-Captain
India are a bit of a matchup problem for NZ at the moment. Taylor and Latham were terrific against the wristspinning duo in 2017, but those two bowlers have jumped a level since. The rest of the batting, KW aside, is short on either form or reliability and this game will be a difficult one to redress that.

Stating the obvious but as the Australia game showed you need early inroads into India's batting. If the last two games at Trent Bridge are anything to go by there's pretty good bounce so Ferguson and Henry might just be in business. Not averse to playing Southee as an extra bowler (instead of CdG) if he's fit, though I don't expect it will make a huge difference in terms of strike power.

bill8164

School Boy/Girl Captain
Looks promising for NZ. Taking 1 point from playing one of the 3 top teams puts us slightly ahead on the race with WI + Pak + Ban + SA for the 4th semi final spot.
Oh I just meant in terms of weather, I'd be thrilled if the game was called for that reason!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The 'real' world cup starts for NZ.

India must be very firm favourites. Only chance for NZ is a fresh greenish track like in the warm-up, which I doubt we'll see at Trent Bridge.

Sadly from a NZ POV, I sense a fairly comprehensive win for India, who'll be riding high after their last hit-out.
Nah. India deserve to be favourites, but NZ has enough class players to spring an upset even in good batting conditions.

Looking forward to this, hoping the weather doesn't continue to be a ****.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah dunno what Zinzan is on about. India are favourites but no team is super dominant right now and we aren't exactly as bad as Sri Lanka right now.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look at that weather forecast. Why are they playing in winter? That's colder than it is here by far.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
After England's loss to Pakistan, South Africa being non-existent and Australia losing to India, India now seem the team to beat. In a way, I think NZ winning this would in some ways do us a disservice, if that makes sense. It's hard to tell if a win would give the team more confidence to roll on and take the tournament, or make us complacent and not make any team changes and put a target on our back.

Daemon

NZ’s quicks are doing superbly, but if the pitch offers nothing batsmen will enjoy the pace.

A very even matchup imo.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Very excited for this match, hoping for no rain! NZ are underdogs, but I think if El Boulto can get a few while the ball is swinging we have a shot.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Looks promising for NZ. Taking 1 point from playing one of the 3 top teams puts us slightly ahead on the race with WI + Pak + Ban + SA for the 4th semi final spot.
What is this lowly '4th semi final spot' talk - rain would rob us of the chance for nine flawless victories on our way to top of the table.