• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

Xuhaib

International Coach
I remember a similar sms doing the rounds in Pakistan after the Mohali game that India will score 260-270 Pakistan will drop many catches and will fall short by 35 runs. It got so much traction that an idiot tv anchor even did an entire show based on that sms and Sachin's LBW.

I agree its one of these cases where someone makes 100 different predictions and get one or two right.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Personally I think that all this talk of fixing after the event is quite pathetic and is taking away from Pakistan's victory. A touch of sour grapes maybe?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Of course, but it's par for the course from both sides every time the two teams meet at a major event. The media do their bit to fuel it as well.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Every time one of these two teams loses, the fans of the team which loses calls it fixing. It's stupid.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yes, happens a lot with Pak especially if they lose to india. Might even happen with other teams IIRC but not to the extent as with india. There are always some idiots out there with conspiracy theories and looking for "proof" for their theories.

Agar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
There were also so many situations where CSK miraculously won or qualified for semis when they had no chance except so many things going in their favour.
What are you trying to say? That Meiyappan bet on CSK matches which would be won by them through foul play? That claim involves crediting Meiyappan with the ability to make opposition players throw games.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am saying thst Meiyappen betting big on matches makes the games suspect for fixing/spot fixing. Obviously which players from which teams were involved we don't know.

Agar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I am saying thst Meiyappen betting big on matches makes the games suspect for fixing/spot fixing. Obviously which players from which teams were involved we don't know.
It makes sense if you consider matches that CSk lost, because as an influential personality at CSK he weilds enough power to ostensibly make the players willfully perform poorly.

But you didn't stop there. You implied that some of the matches that CSK won were also linked to Meiyappan's betting. How does that work? Please elaborate in detail.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pratters is basically implying that everyone of those oppostion players were corrupt. So I guess the only clean team of players in the IPL is CSK, according to Pratters. :p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It makes sense if you consider matches that CSk lost, because as an influential personality at CSK he weilds enough power to ostensibly make the players willfully perform poorly.

But you didn't stop there. You implied that some of the matches that CSK won were also linked to Meiyappan's betting. How does that work? Please elaborate in detail.
Maybe some players from opposition like from Rajasthan were involved. Who knows who all were involved. However if you don't think some spot fixing or some games could have been fixed you are deluding yourself. Do you really think Meiyappen would bet a lot without any know how for instance..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The involvement of Kundra and Meiyappen in betting on games makes one wonder whether some matches were fixed and whether some had spot fixing. You would be foolish not to do the same. CSK being back with the same owners is also dire. Ideally either CSK should be done away with for good or owners should be changed.

Another aspect which was dire was Dhoni lying saying Meiyappen was not involved at the time, and Dhoni taking up a high position in India Cements. Of course CSK fans will say all this is fine. Heh.