• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

indiaholic

International Captain
Thing is you can't fix a match so that Amir bowls a superlative spell. If you wanted no balls and run outs and **** shots, that can be arranged.

indiaholic

International Captain
These whatsapp forwards come out before every single final. The ones I see are almost always wrong, but you always get some dude who claims he received an accurate one.
Basically what Bijed said. They throw a few predictions around. One of them turns out right.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think some bookies try to show off with such messages to get some confidence from the betting guys to throw in money their way as well.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
These whatsapp forwards come out before every single final. The ones I see are almost always wrong, but you always get some dude who claims he received an accurate one.
Yes, like Bijed said, I completely agree that it might have been a random prediction which turned out to be true. But I saw it with my own eyes and it was all accurate. So it is not a fake claim from me.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would have done it in my initial post itself but my friend is not willing to share the message as he wants to avoid getting into any issues. It is upto you guys to believe me.
You could cut the name of the friend etc off but okay. I believe you. It's concerning. There is a bit of fixing in cricket nowadays including spot fixing. The Royals and CSL things were couple of years back shows it more than any thing else.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I remember some guy on twitter going viral after having 'predicted' the football World Cup final, implying it was corrupt. Turns out he's made dozens of predictions and deleted the wrong ones.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You could cut the name of the friend etc off but okay. I believe you. It's concerning. There is a bit of fixing in cricket nowadays including spot fixing. The Royals and CSL things were couple of years back shows it more than any thing else.

There was no CSK "Fixing" thing. Stop propagating lies.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Meiyappen was an angel wasn't he spot fixing games with viru dara singh while holding top position in management in CSK? Why was CSK banned for two years bro? You are a fool if you believe at least some matches of CSK didn't have any fixing/spot fixing.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I remember some guy on twitter going viral after having 'predicted' the football World Cup final, implying it was corrupt. Turns out he's made dozens of predictions and deleted the wrong ones.
As soon as the India v Pakistan game was over, a few of my friends started claiming it was a fixed game. Some one said that during drinks a message was passed and Jadeja purposefully got Pandya out. I was quite pissed hearing this as Pakistan had beaten Indian comprehensively. However, people will always talk nowadays. Most of the times (though not always), there is no truth to their stupid accusations.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Meiyappen was an angel wasn't he spot fixing games with viru dara singh while holding top position in management in CSK? Why was CSK banned for two years bro? You are a fool if you believe at least some matches of CSK didn't have any fixing/spot fixing.

You are the fool for propagating lies. CSK was banned coz Meiyappan was found to bet on matches in the IPL and he was an owner. It was against the rules and he was punished. Simple as.

No one has proven any spot or match fixing in CSK games, bro. 8-)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Do you think he would bet millions without knowing at least some results/spot fixings? Just betting for fun?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There were also so many situations where CSK miraculously won or qualified for semis when they had no chance except so many things going in their favour.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Great. We get to the stage where Pratters passes ill informed and totally baseless opinions of his as "facts". I am out. Good night.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As soon as the India v Pakistan game was over, a few of my friends started claiming it was a fixed game. Some one said that during drinks a message was passed and Jadeja purposefully got Pandya out. I was quite pissed hearing this as Pakistan had beaten Indian comprehensively. However, people will always talk nowadays. Most of the times (though not always), there is no truth to their stupid accusations.
But you did the same here

There were also so many situations where CSK miraculously won or qualified for semis when they had no chance except so many things going in their favour.

Though tbf I'm sure there's been a couple of dirty players in every IPL team.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a shame you didn't post that message a bit earlier CricAddict.
He showed it to me only the next day though he had received it before the match. Else, I would have posted it as soon as I saw atleast for your sake. Hope you have got some back through the women's WC :)

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
But you did the same here

Though tbf I'm sure there's been a couple of dirty players in every IPL team.
Is Pratters a heel now or has always been? Coz I have been in this forum for few years but haven't found so many arguments against him like now.

One more good thing about CW. There is always atleast one heel to keep the forum exciting :)