• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

Teja.

Global Moderator
Congrats to Lahore Medical Academy Batch of 2017. Always nice to to see a group of freshly graduating young doctors.

Niall

International Coach
yeah, UV has been massive over the years. Have to admit that in his prime the guy exuded an aura that few do. That lazy elegance and those massive powerful blows. Always a fighter too on and off the field but its time to hang up his boots. 17 years is a long time in cricket and he should look to other things now
Harsh but very true. Its time to start phasing in some young blood to see if they are up to it with the world cup on the horizon. Yuvi is the obvious weak link of the old guard. I am so-so on Dhoni, had a pretty brutal task today and I want to see him have a run at number 4 his preferred spot before I suggest binning him.

India are playing an ODI series with West Indies next week, Kuldeep and Pant are in the squad, weak opposition obviously, but will be interesting to see how they do.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
So I've actually been watching a lot of ODI cricket lately thanks to a new TV subscription since I moved house. What a crazy tournament for Pak. I hadn't followed ODIs in a while so I wasn't as invested as others, but what a an incredible feeling to watch India completely pummel them to start the tourney and then this amazing comeback. This is the '09 T20 comeback on steroids.

Burner

International Regular
Throwback to that Pakistan game vs Sri Lanka where they needed 80 runs off the last 3 wickets and Amir walked out to bat and played like a proper batsman. Today, I have no qualms about the Fakhar being MOTM but it should have been Amir. Got the wickets of Rohit, Kohli and Dhawan and basically won the game in the first 10 overs itself. Hardik probably gave indications of how it would have been like if India had not lost those three. It was a flat pitch and if Amir hadn't dealt that blow, there was no saying that India would not go over the line.

Burner

International Regular
80% of India's total runs this tournament have been made by Rohit, Dhawan and Kohli. You have a bowler dismissing all three of them cheaply and he doesn't get MOTM. Okay I might have a few qualms about the Fakhar being given the MOTM

smash84

The Tiger King
80% of India's total runs this tournament have been made by Rohit, Dhawan and Kohli. You have a bowler dismissing all three of them cheaply and he doesn't get MOTM. Okay I might have a few qualms about the Fakhar being given the MOTM
Tbf, fakhar gave the confidence to the pakistan lineup that they can actually put runs on the board. Without that the bowlers wouldn't really have their tails up