• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

17th Match - Australia v Pakistan

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bring back Haris Sohail. Drop Malik, preferably off a cliff. Bash Fakhar's head and hope it starts working again and NEVER drop Shadab again .

Australia were class, especially Finch at the top and Cummins when Pakistan looked solid in the middle overs. Gold standard player.

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
I suppose one could say that the significant difference between the two sides was in the fielding department.

Borges

International Regular
I don't know if Shoaib will play the next game. Mickey Arthur might just pick him up by his ears and fling him out of the team.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Is everyone studiously ignoring just how monumental a comeback this is from Warner? He's been patchy, yes, cost them the last game, but scoring like this after the past year takes some balls.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I find t very, very hard to believe that there are no middle order batsmen in Pakistan better than a 93 year old Shoiab Malik.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Pak will be rueing that washout against SL so hard right about now. Unpredictable they might be but they are showing enough glimpses to suggest they would have absolutely steam rollered over the Lankans.

trundler

Malik averages in the teens in England. Sohail had a very good bilateral series in England earlier this year. It's a no brainer.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Also, Finch best work out some way of reserving his best two bowlers for the last five. It worked tonight and I understand he's hamstrung by the options available, but it's going to bite him on the ass later on.

Burner

International Regular
How incredibly stupid was that single by Sarfaraz on the last ball of the over when you have a number 11 on the other end. Jesus that made my blood boil and I had no stakes in the match, just wanted to watch a good ending.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Holy ****, how Ponting was Maxwell's run out. Absolute carbon copy of how Ponting used to look doing it. Epic.

Burgey

On the odd occasion there’s pay, this WC is dishing up some really good games.

The sooner Stoinis is ruled out with the side strain the better. The fifth bowler options are threatening to derail a sixth triumph

smash84

The Tiger King
Pak played better than I thought they would. Too sloppy in the bowling and fielding cost them the match.

SL washout was a loss of 1 point. They're pretty much out of the tournament now.

They're definitely not beating India on Sunday, especially with this bowling and fielding