• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

11 Years in 11 Days Draft Game

Teuton

International Captain
R8 will start at the usual time
Teuton 1877-80
jimmy101 1969
ankitj 2013
AndrewB 1999
Himannv 1954
Michaelf7777777 1984
Red Hill 1913/14
kingkallis 1946
DEFAULT1 1978
DEFAULT2 1971
DEFAULT3 1929

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Steven Smith. 2013.

Team:

-
Bruce Mitchell
Steven Smith
Greg Chappell
-
Gary Sobers (5) *
-
Jim Laker (4)
Dennis Lillee (1)
Andy Roberts (3)
Curtly Ambrose (2)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I am going to be the last non defaulter to pick from both 1877-80 and 1913-14. That sucks :(

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
Yeah that is a bit of bad luck. You will be able stack up on 9 guns beforehand then (as you are well on the way to) as compensation.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah that is a bit of bad luck. You will be able stack up on 9 guns beforehand then (as you are well on the way to) as compensation.
Yeah, and its partly my fault too not seeing what is the clever strategy here. In first 2 rounds I could have chosen to pick players from pre WWI but it didn't quite strike me that it can become sort of a differentiator between teams.

Teuton

International Captain
So i think all 4 remaining players with R8 picks have years with big gaps between them so will be clear to go - so if you do all make early picks we can start R9 at the usual time today.

I like a fast draft, less waiting.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
I'll take Javed Miandad (1984) as my next selection please

Charter 77 So Far

WG Grace (*)
Jack Hobbs
Rohan Kanhai
Javed Miandad
Kapil Dev
Alan Davidson
Bill O'Reilly
Muttiah Muralitharin

Teuton

International Captain
I may as well throw in the default picks here. A couple of great bowlers, and one not at the same level:

Default1: Bob Willis 1978
Default2: Derek Underwood 1971
Default3: Jack White 1929

AndrewB 1999 and Red Hill 1913/14 have picks left in this round. If they pick prior to usual time R9 will start then (in just over 2 hours time), otherwise it will be 24 hrs later.

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI

1. Bill Lawry / (1971)
2. Vijay Merchant / (1946)
3. Wally Hammond / o (1929)
7. Frank Woolley / o (1913-14)
8. Shane Warne o / (1999)
9. Jack Blackham + (1877-80)
10. Fred Trueman o (1954)
11. Joel Garner o (1978)

Himannv

International Coach
The Combined Default XI

01. Gordon Greenidge
02. Herbert Sutcliffe
03. Dennis Compton
04. Sachin Tendulkar
05. Michael Clarke*
06. Doug Walters
08. Michael Holding
09. Brian Statham
10. Bob Willis
11. Derek Underwood

Better batting lineup than anything we have some up with so far I think. They have folks like Phil Mead in reserve as well and almost made off with Gavaskar and Hammond. The bowling isn't too shabby either. The only negative is that these are spread across three teams so the humans have the edge there.

Himannv

International Coach
Going to make my pick early and I don't think anyone else can pick him anyway. I feel I've made a few mistakes in this draft so I'm forgoing having the ideal balance and just going to have a bit of fun with my remaining picks.

Wasim Akram (1999) to complete my 4 man pace attack.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, it was basically a toss-up whether I should pick Akram or Pollock. Still not sure if I made the right choice!

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Dave Nourse 1913-14

Red Hill XI

Arthur Morris
Billy Murdoch
-
Dave Nourse
AB DeVilliers
Clive Lloyd *
Allan Knott +
Malcolm Marshall