Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Statute of Limitations

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    I reported you for being awol and thereby seriously undermining the entertainment value of the place - I expect that is what you were infracted for, and deservedly so
    I'm not concerned with the reasoning and it's not possible to be entertaining without a humourless numpty awarding points. It was just that in a moment of weakness I allowed myself to become curious about the strange timespan that the points lasted. icon7.gif

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    I believe there have been discussions with your probation officer and that it coincides with your licence conditions ending

cpr
    I believe the infraction in question was due to stay on account for 3 months, just took over 5 months to be applied.

Tsk, red tape eh.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    I just logged in and for the first time since Lady Hamilton lost her virginity I looked at my CP page. On it is a list of points given and the reasons (all spuriously awarded of course).

However I notice that 5 points that were awarded by the illustrious Fusion on May 13th 2013 don't expire until 23rd January 2014.

That's 255 days or 8 months 10 days or 6120 hours or 367,200 minutes or 22,032,000 seconds. Rather an odd looking time period.
    The illustrious one suspects that the reason for the lengthy expiration date is due to the fact that infraction expiration dates (for the same type of infraction) keep getting added to the previous installation. All of your infractions, given by humourless numpties of course, have been for "Lack of respect for, insulting, or harassment of other members". Each time you were hit by that specific infraction, the expiration date extended by an additional 3 months. However, I'll double check with another illustrious member of the team to make sure that there's no error here and will update you.

Edit: Confirmed the above. Here's an explanation from VBulletin:

Quote Originally Posted by VBulletin
    When this option is enabled a user will receive extended expiration times if given a second infraction that matches an existing active infraction. For example, a user is given an infraction for spamming posts that expires in 1 day. An hour later this user is given another spamming posts infraction. Since the user already had an active spamming posts infraction, this new infraction's expiration time is added to the end time of the previous infraction. Effectively, this new infraction will now end 1 day and 23 hours later instead of the default of 1 day. If the user was given a third infraction, it would be added to the end of the second infraction as well.
    Last edited by Fusion; 30-12-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    As an angelic poster who very rarely gets infractions, I'm not personally affected but I've never understood that rule. Seems too much of a double whammy to me.

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    All of your infractions, given by humourless numpties of course
    Correct, and big of you to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Edit: Confirmed the above. Here's an explanation from VBulletin:
    Oh well. At least it means I kept my points while England won and lost an Ashes Series - that could be the first time ever.

Happy New Year.
    Prince EWS and GIMH like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information