Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daemon's ban

Daemon's ban

The more I think about Daemon's ban the more it seems massively harsh to me. Before I begin, I want to make a couple of things clear:

1. I don't usually argue with bans. One man's trolling is another man's arguing and it's not my decision which is which.

2. The link Daemon posted was absolutely not appropriate and needed deleting.

My gripe is that, once the link was deleted, did the site really gain anything out of banning Daemon for a month? It seems quite clear that, as a poster with no infractions and no history of troublemaking, Daemon wasn't attempting to defy the rules for the heck of it. He just posted something he thought was interesting and rather stupidly didn't consider how other people might react.

Now, if this had been the latest in a long string of posting indecent content, it'd be fair to say we'd be better off without him. But it wasn't, and I'm sure that if you'd simply deleted the link and given the lad a strong talking to, and perhaps an infraction, he'd know he'd gone over the line on content and wouldn't post like that again.

As it is I think we've lost a good forumer, perhaps permanantly, and what bothers me is that it could have been me. I don't think he posted it with the intention of causing distress, and so a member has essentially been banned for making a mistake.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Why didn't you email the moderators? Gosh
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    if it was just something like

Ruined:
    (link to img)

then yeah i agree. but i wasn't there
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Bun
    Banned
    Hmm.. the content was absolutely gross. Akin to posting links to sexually explicit sites imho. But I think he was inebriated (the link had mention of 6 pints or something like that)

CW get's its knickers in a knot over ****ing nothing. Main reason I hardly post here. Probably better quality cricket discussion than where I post now but I can't speak liberally enough.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by readie View Post
    CW get's its knickers in a knot over ****ing nothing. Main reason I hardly post here. Probably better quality cricket discussion than where I post now but I can't speak liberally enough.
    thank god you dont post here more that avatar is giving me a head ache
    don't comment about my avatar...its not by my choice

agree with howe on daemon's case
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

The forum has a pretty clear culture associated with it. Spend a day on here and it's apparent that posting links to cannablistic **** is not going to cut it. Must be ****ed in the head to even contemplate something like that.

Expect a multi soon though.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Hmm.. the content was absolutely gross. Akin to posting links to sexually explicit sites imho. But I think he was inebriated (the link had mention of 6 pints or something like that)
    Bun, do you reckon you could repost the link here. I haven't seen it. Cheers

Bun
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GotSpin View Post
    Sure no problem, VM me your password.

Simon Champion!
    Agree with Howe on this.

The link posted was absolutely dire and sadistic but still, For just posting a link,a one month ban is harsh specially to a regular member who hasn't even been infracted before. Maybe one or 2 week would have sufficed, specially since he is not likely to do it again and realizes his mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSpin View Post
    He posted it in the "TLET" thread on cricsim, that's where I saw it.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    He posted it in the "TLET" thread on cricsim, that's where I saw it.
    Think you've missed a trick there Jake
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Hey guys, your thoughts have been duly noted and raised in the moderator subforum. Thanks for the feedback, we do appreciate it and a good forum needs members who are active in site politics.

I can't voice my own thoughts on the ban specifically because the moderation team work as a unified front, but I think Howe makes some excellent points in the original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    The forum has a pretty clear culture associated with it. Spend a day on here and it's apparent that posting links to cannablistic **** is not going to cut it. Must be ****ed in the head to even contemplate something like that.

Expect a multi soon though.
    Nah, wouldn't expect that at all.

You didn't expect us to sell Cesc did you?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information