• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daemon's ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The more I think about Daemon's ban the more it seems massively harsh to me. Before I begin, I want to make a couple of things clear:

1. I don't usually argue with bans. One man's trolling is another man's arguing and it's not my decision which is which.

2. The link Daemon posted was absolutely not appropriate and needed deleting.

My gripe is that, once the link was deleted, did the site really gain anything out of banning Daemon for a month? It seems quite clear that, as a poster with no infractions and no history of troublemaking, Daemon wasn't attempting to defy the rules for the heck of it. He just posted something he thought was interesting and rather stupidly didn't consider how other people might react.

Now, if this had been the latest in a long string of posting indecent content, it'd be fair to say we'd be better off without him. But it wasn't, and I'm sure that if you'd simply deleted the link and given the lad a strong talking to, and perhaps an infraction, he'd know he'd gone over the line on content and wouldn't post like that again.

As it is I think we've lost a good forumer, perhaps permanantly, and what bothers me is that it could have been me. I don't think he posted it with the intention of causing distress, and so a member has essentially been banned for making a mistake.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if it was just something like

Ruined:
(link to img)

then yeah i agree. but i wasn't there

Bun

Banned
Hmm.. the content was absolutely gross. Akin to posting links to ***ually explicit sites imho. But I think he was inebriated (the link had mention of 6 pints or something like that)

readie

State Regular
CW get's its knickers in a knot over ****ing nothing. Main reason I hardly post here. Probably better quality cricket discussion than where I post now but I can't speak liberally enough.

biased indian

International Coach
CW get's its knickers in a knot over ****ing nothing. Main reason I hardly post here. Probably better quality cricket discussion than where I post now but I can't speak liberally enough.
thank god you dont post here more :) that avatar is giving me a head ache
don't comment about my avatar...its not by my choice

agree with howe on daemon's case

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The forum has a pretty clear culture associated with it. Spend a day on here and it's apparent that posting links to cannablistic **** is not going to cut it. Must be ****ed in the head to even contemplate something like that.

Expect a multi soon though.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm.. the content was absolutely gross. Akin to posting links to ***ually explicit sites imho. But I think he was inebriated (the link had mention of 6 pints or something like that)
Bun, do you reckon you could repost the link here. I haven't seen it. Cheers

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Agree with Howe on this.

The link posted was absolutely dire and sadistic but still, For just posting a link,a one month ban is harsh specially to a regular member who hasn't even been infracted before. Maybe one or 2 week would have sufficed, specially since he is not likely to do it again and realizes his mistake.

Flem274*

123/5
Hey guys, your thoughts have been duly noted and raised in the moderator subforum.:) Thanks for the feedback, we do appreciate it and a good forum needs members who are active in site politics.

I can't voice my own thoughts on the ban specifically because the moderation team work as a unified front, but I think Howe makes some excellent points in the original post.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The forum has a pretty clear culture associated with it. Spend a day on here and it's apparent that posting links to cannablistic **** is not going to cut it. Must be ****ed in the head to even contemplate something like that.

Expect a multi soon though.
Nah, wouldn't expect that at all.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd agree and kick up a fuss but Captain is enjoying his ban since he can get some work done.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hey guys, your thoughts have been duly noted and raised in the moderator subforum.:) Thanks for the feedback, we do appreciate it and a good forum needs members who are active in site politics.

I can't voice my own thoughts on the ban specifically because the moderation team work as a unified front, but I think Howe makes some excellent points in the original post.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.