• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A plea for non-discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
You're looking at it backwards. I didn't say that every multi posted poorly. It actually has nothing to do with what I said at all. :p
Yeah,but my point was even though he was a "good poster"(in this avatar only before anyone rages:p), people were suspicious of him and wanted him banned. And something made you check him up and suspect him before too.

So really anyone can be suspected on that counts not only Bad posters as such. And there are other similar posters as such or even worse that are not accused of being Multi's. Not that i agree that everyone presumably accused of being a Multi is a really bad case in isolation.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm working on it. :p

At the same time, if a member consistently posts absolute rubbish, then the line between playing the post and playing the poster gets blurred. I got an infraction during the WC for telling Tendulkar_200* that all of his posts were crap, which in fairness, they were. Granted, I shouldn't have said it, but is there really a difference between saying "mate, your post there was ****" and reacting to someone like Dhoni_fan and saying "mate, every single post you've made is absolute garbage."?
Dhonisgland > Dhoni_fan.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Okay, and this is what I was getting at this morning, and I said it to the mods in an email, and I said it to you plenty too. I said it all the time about Sir Alex - if 95% of the forum think he's Precam, then what the **** does it even matter what proof there is when Precam was banned for being a **** **** anyway? If they are similar enough for anyone who browses here a lot to know they are the same then Sir Alex is obviously a **** **** who should be banned too.

I used Alex as he doesn't post under that username currently. But plenty of you know with absolute certainty who he is posting as at the moment.

I find it ridiculous that I tried to make this point without pushing too hard and a mod (one I like, btw) comes back by saying Prince EWS and Uppercut are similar. It misses the point, but now that a mod has made my point for me then it's all good.

And the reason I didn't say it more explicitly beforehand? One of the infractions that led to my demise was because I said, in a VM, to a certain member, "why don't you and your 47 multis leave this site." So there you go.
I'm working on it. :p

At the same time, if a member consistently posts absolute rubbish, then the line between playing the post and playing the poster gets blurred. I got an infraction during the WC for telling Tendulkar_200* that all of his posts were crap, which in fairness, they were. Granted, I shouldn't have said it, but is there really a difference between saying "mate, your post there was ****" and reacting to someone like Dhoni_fan and saying "mate, every single post you've made is absolute garbage."?
Just ignore them. Why spend every day of your adult lives on a message board responding to trolls?

Fair enough you want the mods to do something about it, but that route is surely way better than calling them names and responding to their posts.

Every time the poster in question posts a trolling opinion people are always quick to quote his post and reply. Happened consistently for the last 12 months or so.

Bun

Banned
Nothing in the slightest; that was the point. :p

I reported it to show the other mods that Bun clearly had no problem posting without txtspk when he felt like it. If it was a second language bridging problem we would've let it go but he demonstrated a high level of English which he was just choosing not to use in the vast majority of his posts, presumably to annoy the people who whinged about it.
How come this became a discussion on my posting style?

I am just tired of seeing accusations of me being a multi of Avada Kadavra/Cevno/Blaze/some Indian poster that I have just decided to stop responding and start reporting them straight away. I am not going to be a servile member to the more established posters here, let me be bluntly clear with that. I want to be a contributing member presenting my views as clearly as possible without violating forum rules. And not just be a "AWTA" member.

If you guys don't like me or my posting style, there are two options:

a. Report the post
b. Put me on ignore.

I have felt like leaving this forum a hundred times after seeing the witch hunt. But now I have decided I am going to stay till I get banned from here.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If you want to stick around, please do so. If you can't survive here, there is a good chance that you wont survive anywhere else. Mods/admin of this site aren't after you.

I am not sure who has accused you of multi, but if anyone does that please report it and move on.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I tried ignoring him but it doesn't work, because firstly he's quoted a lot and secondly, well I can't say why but there's another way his posts are visible when you ignore him.

At the end of the day, I really don't want to be posting at the same forum as him. I requested the mods to extend my ban because I know I can't keep myself away. It's going to get to a point where if he isn't banned, I'll get myself banned through what I say to him because I cbf to share a forum with such a person any longer.

smash84

The Tiger King
How come this became a discussion on my posting style?

I am just tired of seeing accusations of me being a multi of Avada Kadavra/Cevno/Blaze/some Indian poster that I have just decided to stop responding and start reporting them straight away. I am not going to be a servile member to the more established posters here, let me be bluntly clear with that. I want to be a contributing member presenting my views as clearly as possible without violating forum rules. And not just be a "AWTA" member.

If you guys don't like me or my posting style, there are two options:

a. Report the post
b. Put me on ignore.

I have felt like leaving this forum a hundred times after seeing the witch hunt. But now I have decided I am going to stay till I get banned from here.
haha.......dude you have a real fighting spirit :p

AWTA. wbu? lol
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

James

Cricket Web Owner
This is not a thread to troll and bait "Bun" or any other member. Anymore of it will see the thread closed.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I'm almost 100% sure that Bun has no multis here. he may troll around at times but he's not that bad a member.
You can never be 100% sure mate, look what happened with Blaze_18.

Anyway, a few months ago Bun bumped a thread that was originally created by Precamb. What made me think it was suss was that Bun bumped a thread in which the last post was about 2 years ago. It's kind of strange to think that he found a found a thread that was made 3 years ago by Precamb of all people and chose to bump it..

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
You can never be 100& mate, look what happened with Blaze_18.

Anyway, a few months ago Bun bumped a thread that was originally created by Precamb. What made me think it was suss was that Bun bumped a thread in which the last post was about 2 years ago. It's kind of strange to think that he found a found a thread that was made 3 years ago by Precamb of all people and chose to bump it..
mate i couldn't find it.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1856819

as i said im pretty confident. i've been seeing him post since end of 09. (different forum)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.