Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: WOW...This website need a change

  1. #1
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    343

    WOW...This website need a change

    Threads can't be made about AUS rapid decline ?

    Is this a pro-aussie website or something ?

    No room for open debate and exchange of opposing opinions ?

    Whats the point of having a forum if everyone has to agree ? Whynot just have one member /

  2. #2
    International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,876
    There are many many threads open where you surely can discuss your point. If its about Australia, why dont you use the Australia in India 2010 thread?

    Lets go there and bash some Aussies, eh?
    CricZo XI - Draft League

    Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

    Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

    Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    This is not a pro-australia website. But i do understand your frustration mr.illoveric, i didn't see a need to close your thread TBH.

  4. #4
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,303
    Moving this to the Site Discussion forum as itís more appropriate here. You can have a constructive dialogue regarding any topic on CW. Threads that are created just to incite and provoke (or descend into such behavior) will certainly get closed. The thread you created was not going to produce any meaningful debate, and hence was closed.


  5. #5
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Deep, deep south
    Posts
    16,607
    I thought the start of the thread was pretty much average, but had then moved to some much improved debate - if it had to be closed, shouldn't the lock have been put on after 5 posts?

  6. #6
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The great state of New South Wales
    Posts
    42,691
    The thread was closed not because of the opening topic but the fact that it had descended to, of all things, a Commonwealth Games pissing contest. No-one was taking it seriously.
    ~ Cribbage

  7. #7
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    15,243
    I wanted to discuss Andrew McDonald

  8. #8
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    cricsim, lol
    Posts
    30,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovecric View Post
    Threads can't be made about AUS rapid decline ?

    Is this a pro-aussie website or something ?


    No room for open debate and exchange of opposing opinions ?

    Whats the point of having a forum if everyone has to agree ? Whynot just have one member /


    Irony much.

  9. #9
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    40,417
    Filthy that thread got closed before I had a chance to rant in it
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Yes let's close all the threads in CC and leave the Dog Poo that is going in in Tendy Vs. Ponting thread.

  11. #11
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Moving this to the Site Discussion forum as it’s more appropriate here. You can have a constructive dialogue regarding any topic on CW. Threads that are created just to incite and provoke (or descend into such behavior) will certainly get closed. The thread you created was not going to produce any meaningful debate, and hence was closed.
    No no..I was not trying to provoke at all, I woke up this morning to the news of AUS losing 2-0 easily. I am a West Indian so I know all about slides, and the fact is no one in the current AUS team is standing up.

    When compared to WI who had Walsh, Ambrose, Lara, and Jimmy adams who were top class players in the team to stand up to any team. To a lesser extent, WI also had players like carl hooper, chanderpaul (who is now a proven really good player) in it's rankings.


    After WI began losing against AUS in 95/96 they did not lose as much Test Series as AUS is currently doing.

    WI were still able to beat New Zealand, Ind, Pakistan, Sri lanka, and Eng in the following years. Things didn't hit the fan until SA gave them a 5-0 ass whopping in 1999, and that was the end. Ambrose, Walsh all began to plot their way out lol. Ambrose left, and Walsh remained for the record.

    If you look at this AUS team, who is really going to stand up to any opposition in the team ? Marcus North ? Tim paine ? Shane watson ? The squad is weak, and i'm sure things won't be getting any better soon.

    Johnson is suppose to be their star and he hasn't done anything since SA.

    I think without Match fixing Pakistan could have beaten them, and if WI had Taylor, Edwards, Bravo and a Sarwan batting better WI could have also beaten this AUS squad easily. Chris gayle was able to hold them off in one test and gave them a scare in the other.

    Sorry this Morning I had to get ready for school so I wasn't able to express exactly what was on my mind.

    Who in AUS rank will revive this team ? Their bowlers aren't the best, Assif, Amir, Steyne, Morkel, Swann, Anderson, Roach etc are all better than anything AUS can produce right now.

    To be the best you must have the best players, how long will it take before AUS find the right formula to win ?
    Last edited by Ilovecric; 13-10-2010 at 06:44 PM.

  12. #12
    Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Nest
    Posts
    8,320
    The formula to winning is simple, for any side, just write "England" under "opposition" on the team sheet and the rest looks after itself.
    Last edited by ripper868; 13-10-2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: and' that'll be rippers first ashes salvo
    Parmi

    Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovecric View Post
    No no..I was not trying to provoke at all, I woke up this morning to the news of AUS losing 2-0 easily. I am a West Indian so I know all about slides, and the fact is no one in the current AUS team is standing up.

    When compared to WI who had Walsh, Ambrose, Lara, and Jimmy adams who were top class players in the team to stand up to any team. To a lesser extent, WI also had players like carl hooper, chanderpaul (who is now a proven really good player) in it's rankings.


    After WI began losing against AUS in 95/96 they did not lose as much Test Series as AUS is currently doing.

    WI were still able to beat New Zealand, Ind, Pakistan, Sri lanka, and Eng in the following years. Things didn't hit the fan until SA gave them a 5-0 ass whopping in 1999, and that was the end. Ambrose, Walsh all began to plot their way out lol. Ambrose left, and Walsh remained for the record.

    If you look at this AUS team, who is really going to stand up to any opposition in the team ? Marcus North ? Tim paine ? Shane watson ? The squad is weak, and i'm sure things won't be getting any better soon.

    Johnson is suppose to be their star and he hasn't done anything since SA.

    I think without Match fixing Pakistan could have beaten them, and if WI had Taylor, Edwards, Bravo and a Sarwan batting better WI could have also beaten this AUS squad easily. Chris gayle was able to hold them off in one test and gave them a scare in the other.

    Sorry this Morning I had to get ready for school so I wasn't able to express exactly what was on my mind.

    Who in AUS rank will revive this team ? Their bowlers aren't the best, Assif, Amir, Steyne, Morkel, Swann, Anderson, Roach etc are all better than anything AUS can produce right now.

    To be the best you must have the best players, how long will it take before AUS find the right formula to win ?


    Brilliant stuff!
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

    R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

    Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

    "How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovecric View Post
    If you look at this AUS team, who is really going to stand up to any opposition in the team ? Marcus North ? Tim paine ? Shane watson ? The squad is weak, and i'm sure things won't be getting any better soon.
    Marcus North is indeed crap & most AUS fan will tell you he should be dropped. Its jsut stupid selection policies that have meant he is still retained. Their are other very good bats in doemstic cricket who can come in such as Hughes, Khawaja, Jaques, Ferguson, Rogers, D Hussey (at a stetch) in some way or the the other. So no worries their really.

    Whats wrong with Paine & Watson?,


    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovecric View Post
    Johnson is suppose to be their star and he hasn't done anything since SA.
    Johnson has indeed been inconsistent since his breakout series vs SA 08/09. But he reamins top quality. He just took a 5 wicket haul on a flat Indian wicket & for bowler like him who bowls best on bouncy decks - that was top effort. So Johnson is fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovecric View Post
    I think without Match fixing Pakistan could have beaten them, and if WI had Taylor, Edwards, Bravo and a Sarwan batting better WI could have also beaten this AUS squad easily. Chris gayle was able to hold them off in one test and gave them a scare in the other.
    Windies indeed ran AUS close last home summer. But i saw that more of sign of AUS not playing @ their best rather than anything special for the windies.

    PAK could have won @ SCG yea. But not the series however.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovecric View Post
    Who in AUS rank will revive this team ? Their bowlers aren't the best, Assif, Amir, Steyne, Morkel, Swann, Anderson, Roach etc are all better than anything AUS can produce right now.
    No way is Anderson better than all AUS bowlers. In Hilfenhaus AUS have a swing bowler who is proven he can be effective not jsut when the ball is swinging - but on flat pitches too.

    Steyn & Swann obviously is the best quick in the world in their respective trades ATM. So no point comparing them to what AUS have.

    Johnson & Morkel are pretty much equal

    But overall once AUS play a 4-man pace attack in Bollinger/Hilfenhaus/Johnson/Harris or Siddle. That would be easily the best attack in the world for the next couple years.

    Plus in the likes of Peter Geroge, James Pattinson, Trent Copeland, Johs Hazelwood, Mitch Starc. Their is an exciting young paceman around sheild cricket currently. WHich argues well for the future. AUS problem is the lack of quality spinner appearing for some years to come.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovecric View Post
    To be the best you must have the best players, how long will it take before AUS find the right formula to win ?
    They can find it & could have found it since 2008. Its the fault of the selectors currently that it hasn't been implemented as yet.


    So overall i dont see AUS suffering the same fate as Windies post 96/97. Their is enough encouraging young talent in all departments that will keep them amongsts the best test teams in the world.

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Moving this to the Site Discussion forum as itís more appropriate here. You can have a constructive dialogue regarding any topic on CW. Threads that are created just to incite and provoke (or descend into such behavior) will certainly get closed. The thread you created was not going to produce any meaningful debate, and hence was closed.
    And what did he say that was so provocative ? And if that is so then why is Tendy Vs. Ponting thread still open ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Username Change
    By Mr Casson in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 09:00 PM
  2. I would like to ask a question of this website & forum owner
    By cricketfan56 in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 06:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •