• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in South Africa***

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Dammit, DeVilliers made me look stupid again. :(

Watson may not have looked the most penetrating bowler so far, but has done a good job [and a better one than Lee].

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Dammit, DeVilliers made me look stupid again. :(

Watson may not have looked the most penetrating bowler so far, but has done a good job [and a better one than Lee].
Wicket is so slow that Lee's pace is actually an advantage for the batsmen.

For mine (and despite the fact that they may well win this match), SA's batting isnt strong enough when Bouch is their no.5 on merit. No way theyre a contender for the WC with this lineup even allowing for the return of Kallis.

BTW, before anyone brings it up, AUS cant win it either with this team. However, the return of Ponting, Symonds, McGrath, Warne and selection of Tait and MacGill will see them up there.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I really hope for Australias sake, that Stuart Clark isnt the type of bowler who will replace McGrath when he finally retires!

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Hogg once again taking th important wickets and showing why Warnie will not make a comeback in ODI's. Extremely underrated player.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Aussies to lose, time for bed.
LOL.

Pollock and Kemp took Clark to the cleaners, boy was he punished and he bowled pretty well earlier on, two maidens and the wicket of Smith.

social

TT Boy said:
LOL.

Pollock and Kemp took Clark to the cleaners, boy was he punished and he bowled pretty well earlier on, two maidens and the wicket of Smith.
They did and he bowled some poor balls towards the end.

Ground is tiny though and Aus should give it a very good shake unless conditions deteriorate markedly.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
social said:
They did and he bowled some poor balls towards the end.

Ground is tiny though and Aus should give it a very good shake unless conditions deteriorate markedly.
batting under floodlights at newlands is always difficult - i think the record is 17-5 in favour of the team batting first (also 3 of the wins batting second involved minnows and one of the others was only chasing 140or so)

I'd be very very surprised if Australia chase this down

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Great stuff from South Africa again, Australia to get close, they will only win if Robbie P has to bowl a lot.. Newlands is a small ground, the pitch is dry and good, don't write them off, after all they don't have to bowl again :laugh:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Oh and a lovely bit of commentary earlier on..

"There are a number of beauties, obviously the South Africans would say Cape Town, the Aussies, Adelaide Oval and the West Indies think the Queens Park Oval in Trinidad.."
"She's not bad either"

Scaly piscine

Demolition Man said:
Aussies look gone.

Hussey must score a big ton and someone must hang around with him.

Hussey is the ODI Bradman !!
Katich doing the anchor role at the moment, so if Hussey can score 250 Aus might make it...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wow, I am watching this and this is unbelievable.

This is a serious question: Is the Aussie era of dominance over?

I think its good for cricket if three or four teams are vying to be the best. It really makes every series more exciting.

I recently called SA the most uninteresting team in the world. I take that back.

7-4 after 11 overs. Amazing.