• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best young batsman at the moment < 25

Best batsman < 25

• Quinton De Kock

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Ahmed Shehzad

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Joe Root

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Kane Williamson

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Adgey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Who you got? I''d go with Joe Root personally. Hopefully didnt leave any contenders out.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who you got? I''d go with Joe Root personally. Hopefully didnt leave any contenders out.
Hard to separate Root and Williamson for me, both bat with a maturity that belies their age & both have dominated in both Test & ODI cricket in the last 18 months. Don't think either could have done much more.

Zinzan

Would have mentioned Darren Bravo, but he seems to have disappeared into obscurity.

If we're opening it up to best under 28 Test batsman, there's really nothing between Kohli, Root, Mathews, Smith & Williamson.

morgieb

Would have mentioned Darren Bravo, but he seems to have disappeared into obscurity.

If we're opening it up to best under 28 Test batsman, there's really nothing between Kohli, Root, Mathews, Smith & Williamson.
Smith and Bravo are the same age aren't they? So taking under 25 literally, neither make the list.

Root and Williamson are close here IMO.

akilana

International 12th Man

then Warner > all of them

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's probably a mark of how highly I rate Kohli that I think he's been relatively disappointing.

Flem274*

123/5
Hadn't scored an important one either between South Africa and Australia.

He really does enjoy his pacey and bouncey decks which is great for India. He hasn't got his head around swing bowling countries yet but he'll learn. Well at least I hope he does, because it would mean if he can combine being a complete batsman with consistent and big tons he will be the Ponting rather than the KP of his generation (not that there is anything wrong with being a KP).