• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Thats a bad loss, hopefully it put us off track, because we were going so well. I'm expecting big things in the 5 dayer tommorow though. Hopefully I can get a big score, or atleast another 50.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mister Wright said:
Congrats to Cameron on a great debut, it's a shame the other members couldn't back you up.
yeah thanks stoked to be given a chance.

Robertinho said:
Delighted with my 100, but where were the other batsmen? Bowling wasn't too bad - congrats to Andy on a good debut, 2/30 aint bad buddy.

GO REDS!
thanks, but you forgot my great 3 off 3 as well. :p. congrats on the 100

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tuesday 2nd March

CW Blue v CW Red
at the CW Oval

On perhaps the flattest wicket seen this season, Cricket Web Red held on comfortably against Cricket Web Blue for a draw, despite a late clatter of wickets. Mørk scored his second half-century of the game to anchor the effort, whilst Dobson did the same.

Batting first after being sent in, the Blues piled on the runs, though without brutal aggression. Fitzsimmons started nicely with a good quick half-century, whilst Liam Camps stood firm with a big century, his highest first class score. Batting at three, Andrew Cloete also played well, falling short of his ton. The middle order played carelessly after Cloete was dislodged, though Popat's 36 not out helped push toward the third consecutive Blue declaration - 441/7 - just before the close of day two.

On debut, Andy Cameron bowled with a lot of heart, but met no success in his 45 overs during the match. Kyle Wright though, was rewarded for his persistence, as the pick of the Red bowlers. In their turn at the crease, Red scored only 286. Travis Demeza took 3 crucial middle order wickets, but it was Andrew Cloete who starred with the ball. He removed the two top scorers of the innings after they were set - Mørk and Dobson.

Having seen the follow on target achieved, Blue was made to bat again after lunch on day four. With a need for urgency and a backfired declaration on the mind of Liam Camps, the situation was tricky. Still there was no life in the pitch for bowlers, so Blue batted until there were 87 overs left in the game and the lead was 372. En route to a fourth declaration, Fitzsimmons scored his fifth hundred of the season and Camps was unbeaten on a half-century.

The Reds played naturally with no particular desire to be ultra-defensive and let the pitch do most of the work, as the Blue bowlers were left largely fruitless and frustrated as the draw arrived.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 441 for 7 dec.
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 286 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 216 for 1 dec.
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 234 for 5
Test Match Drawn.

Man of the Match: LA Camps

CW Black v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

In a keen battle for the top spot, Cricket Web Green and Cricket Web Black played in a sea-saw game of power. Green batted first on a good pitch, but quickly found overhead conditions favouring the seamers as they toppled to 114/7. Yet, as he has done often of late, Bryce Cunningham resurrected matters with a quickfire half-century, though not reaching his hundred. Weber and Hoy also played very well and Green got to 247 all out.

Happy with the recovery, Timewell and Hoy ripped apart Black's top order and the score was 3/2, 23/4, 110/7. The similarities to the Green innings continued, with Mike Wilson smashing a big half-century then being run out short of his milestone. Bhatia and Chaulk also played crucially down the order - 197 all out.

A lead of 50 runs on first innings looked to be crucial, especially as the weather fluctuated with rain and heavy cloud cover plaguing proceedings. The seamers continued to enjoy themselves, then Pickup got in on the act. Alex Feeney played very well for Green, but his resilience was not enough and the eventual score was 185 all out, with no one passing 50.

Set 236 for victory, Black prepared to face a difficult task. It was not to play out in such a fashion though. Despite Andrew Ferd being dismissed for the second duck of his pair, Chris Butler and David Kearsley played solid innings in complementing a brilliant maiden hundred from Alex Blackman. Blackman let nothing faze him, instead showing exemplary technique and admirable desire whilst guiding Black home by 7 wickets.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 247 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 197 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 185 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 236 for 3
Cricket Web Black won by 7 wkts.

Man of the Match: MW Wilson

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
That was crucial - people may say that Blue were on top, but we played a good game and held on, they never really had a chance to win it. Still have them behind us, and moderately pleased with 73 & 68 (even though Si is still doing much better...)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
excellent team performance again guys to turn the defecit around. Cemented out top of the table position.

Excellent from Wilson and Congrats to Blackman for his century!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Great effort all round - nice to see Alex come good with a brilliant ton, superb all round from Mike and a solid contribution form the rest of the bowlers.

Just gotta sort out the number one position!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
not a bad draw i guess, again happy with my performance, 5th century of the season and another solid fifty, i also believe im now just 1 run behind cloete in all time career runs...

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
gdm! common GREEN!!!!! we should do WAY better, this should be a win! dissapointed with our batting, we need Daniel and age back in the team!

David

International 12th Man
My bowling left a lot to be desired there, sorry guys!

Really have to work on that area Reds, 8/657 is just not acceptable. :ph34r:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Well, another top quality batting performance. Declaring four times in a row shows just how well our top order is playing. When Demeza doesn't dominate we seem to struggle with the ball though. Top quality performance by Liam as well, certainly no question about him at the top of the order now.

edit: speaking of international series, is there likely to be an "A" tour or anything? Not sure if CW does them.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
dinu23 said:
Super batting Simon, Liam and Cloete.
De Silva 8 2 24 3

Not bad huh?

wow... another first-timer who is amazing with the ball and bat :p but its ok cause he plays for Blue!!!!! :D :D

coming back from injury boys, would love to join you. i expect nothing less from myself than finishing the season injury-free, ripping it up in the OD and FC forms. Im goin all-out wickets. You heard me.