• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bugssy said:
how do u keep count of all your runs there sim
simple, add the 1480 ive scored in the dev league this season to the 5572 id scored previously in my career... liam released this seasons stats in the other thread before the previous game, so it was just a matter of adding performances from todays game to the stats in the other file...

Simon

also can i make mention of an upcoming record of a fellow blue player. Peter Young in the next FC game will become the first CW plyer to play 100 first class matches, well done mate...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Great game guys, particularly fom the bowlers. game of slow scoring too, not usually our thing but a great team effort. Great knocks from Feeney and Bugs in the first innings. the bowlers were brilliant in their innings, bowling another team out for 100 is a superb effort. not so great in our 2nd batting innings but we did enough. Red looked more like they were bating for a draw than a win.

Hoys match figures were pretty amazing 41 overs, 20 maidens 3/41....

Lets keep working hard to build up that momentum :)

dinu23

International Debutant
broncoman said:
on another note, i went past 7000 first class runs in that game, meaning im also only 62 runs behind you now Andy ;)
congratulations Simon and Travis.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
geez!

unlucky there guys, well played. i come back from injury semi-soon, so hopefully I can join you in the One-dayers, and I refuse to rule myself out of the FC matches. Its my 3rd season, surely my semi-experience will come through.

i wish thee semi-luck! :cool:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
geez!

unlucky there guys, well played. i come back from injury semi-soon, so hopefully I can join you in the One-dayers, and I refuse to rule myself out of the FC matches. Its my 3rd season, surely my semi-experience will come through.

i wish thee semi-luck! :cool:
Yeah Nath, we could definately use your help. The bowling has been relying on Travis a bit too much lately, with just the odd good performance by another bowler. And as good as Travis is, he can't rip through the opposition every game.

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
on another note, i went past 7000 first class runs in that game, meaning im also only 62 runs behind you now Andy ;)
Unlucky Blues, the batsman were all brilliant. Maybe the bowling could have backed up the battign a bit better but it's not fair being too harsh on them. It's disappointing to lose though, but I'm 100% behind you Liam! You made the right choice at the time(proven to be the wrong choice mind :p) and that's all that matters.

That was slack Simon :@

You got to bat twice and I beat you in the first innings as it is, so :p to you!

Just wondering though Liam, was I due to bat at 5 in the 2nd innings? Just seemed strange after my 50, anyway doesn't matter. Also I'm definitely starting to think I'd like to open.. but it very much depends on you Liam and I haven't been keep tracking of your form up there mate. And you did a great job last game, so I guess it depends whetehr you want to or not. But that's just a suggestion and well... it's more just what I'd liek to try out. But it's 100% up to you and I won't be disappointed either way, but yeah opening with simon would be cool.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Speaking to the press after his team's defeat at the SCG, Blue captain Liam Camps calmly commented upon his critical declaration.

"I've had a lot of time to think about it and, believe me, I have reviewed the moments surrounding the call several times in my mind. In retrospect it did cost us the game and that's a terrible feeling. We played too hard... too well to lose. Still, I'm not about to hang my head about the situation or apologize for it. At the time it was the best call in my mind and as such, I stand by it firmly. What is a captain if not one to play his instincts in addition to intuition? It was an attempt to show a positive attitude and positive play, as I believe that is the only way to beat a team like the Blacks. Blue is certainly not going to get anywhere this season by drawn results. Wins are the key, and that's what I... we aimed for. My hope is only that my team-mates support me in this regard and that they all continue to play the good cricket we have of late. Thank you."

i certainly would have looked to a similar decision

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
yet another win well played team good to steal a win in that situation and yeh Thanks Liam for the declaration.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Maybe a bit of a lucky win, but we didn't perform bad at all so we'll take it. Finally I get a bit of any innings going, just to throw it away. Great by Butler, brilliant game.

biased indian

International Coach
broncoman said:
also can i make mention of an upcoming record of a fellow blue player. Peter Young in the next FC game will become the first CW plyer to play 100 first class matches, well done mate...
100 games!!!!!, hope will be able to play atleast half of the matches

Mr Mxyzptlk

Monday 28th February

CW Blue v CW Red
at the CW Oval

Experience was the key for Blue as they achieved victory over the Reds at the CW Oval. After Andrew Cloete mixed offbreaks and legbreaks to claim a career-best 5-wicket haul, Simon Fitzsimmons anchored the middle order in a comfortable and well-paced chase.

Red received brilliant strokeplay from Rob Dauth in their innings, but the misfortune is that no one else really stuck around with him. Bennett, Dobson and Maddocks all played useful knocks amidst 244 all out, but it was Dauth's centuary that really led the cause. Entering the attack after the front line spinners had been dealt with very harshly, Cloete flighted the ball nicely in his initial overs, then tidied up with flat quick deliveries at the end.

The Blues then took their turn at the crease. Opening the batting, Cloete never got going and was trapped in front to present debutant Cameron with his maiden Dev League wicket. The same bowler later removed de Silva with a beauty outside offstump and the score was 64/2. From there there was no outrageous strokeplay, but rather Camps and Crampton just pushed the ball about consistently and built a 56-run partnership.

When Camps missed a sweep against Law, Fitzsimmons came to the crease and added a further 67 with Crampton, before pairing with Wilshere to the close. Young Wilshere impressed with his highest OD score to date, ending unbeaten approaching 50.

Man of the Match: AP Cloete

CW Black v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

A nailbiter at the CWBCC Stadium saw CW Black falling just short of victory over its host. Late wickets for legspinner Gareth Gooljar proved the key, as it undermined the good work done earlier by the top order.

Black set the game up nicely at 171/2, but the Green spinners set about to dismantle the approach, and finished with 7 of the 10 wickets. Earlier, the Black spinners made a healthy contribution as well. Neil Pickup and Rob Hing claimed 5 wickets between them as the home side was kept to 245 all out.

That proved a good total though, after Thompson dimissed Garven and Malone early to leave the score at 13/2. Goff and Walsh cashed in experience for half-centuries, whilst the in-form Feeney played well for his 40. The tail, however, could not push on at the end. The last 4 wickets for 32 runs.

Still, the slide was not as drastic as Black's, who lost 7 wickets for 40 runs to close. Callum Thompson took the game to the final over with 8 needed, then hit a boundary off the first ball. Alas, Rob Timewell held his nerve and got him slashing a slower ball to Goff at deep point, who took a spectacular one-handed catch.

Man of the Match: BJ Goff

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Code:
[B]**5D**						
The Manuel Ramprakash Challenge Trophy						
Team			P	W	L	D	T	Pts[/B]
Cricket Web Black	15	9	5	1	0	285
Cricket Web Green	15	9	6	0	0	270
Cricket Web Red		15	5	8	2	0	180
Cricket Web Blue	15	5	9	1	0	165